Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have all the Zaino stuff ready, and I know that Dawn dish washing liquid is supposed to strip off the old wax. However, I haven't seen any description of the ratio of Dawn to water. How concentrated do I need this? Full strength, 50/50? Does anyone know for sure?

Thanks,
Chuck Lane

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
I would use as much as I normally use to wash dishes, except add enough to fill your wash bucket. So let me see, I use about a teaspoon or so for washing dishes, and that is in a 4 quart tub. So a 5 gallon bucket, use maybe 1 or 2 tablespoons? Using too much detergent will lead to a bucket full of suds and no real soapy water.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I did my first wash last week. I used a little less than a teaspoon to a 1/2 gallon or so of water. I had two sponges, one for the rims, one for the body.

I used two cloth bath towels to dry the vehicle (There is a lot of surface area!)

I too was prepared in advance with Zaino Z-2. I applied two coats that day. I've never used Zaino before, but I must have done something right, a couple of days later my wife commented, "The Mo still looks wet"!

Now I have a question:
Is anyone using anything on the plastic below the the doors or at the front and rear?

·
Registered
19 Posts
rhoopes said:
I used two cloth bath towels to dry the vehicle (There is a lot of surface area!)
A drying technique favored by a lot of motorcyclists is a high-powered leaf blower. Faster, no lint, no streaks, no abrasion. Also gets into the little nooks and crannies.

·
Mo Betta
164 Posts
I got my dad a leaf blower for Christmas several years ago. Mom took pictures of him using it to dry some show lambs he'd just washed....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts