Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 03 SE has had a loose driver's seat from the get go--a tiny amount of slop but noticeable at every stop & go.

My first encounter with the dealer, and Nissan of America ended with them saying that it was a feature of the car and could not be fixed. Nissan customer service did get back to me and told me that they hoped to fix it in 04 model year.

Wonder of wonders, my dealer checked and there is a new part number for the seat motor, and he has ordered the part and will switch it as a warranty fix.

Will let you know if it actually fixes the problem...

Anyone gone this route?

·
Registered
263 Posts
There is actually a TSB for this issue. Ironically I too have my car in today to have that fixed along with the other common problems of noise from the window, clanking noise from the rear over bumps, and clicking from my CVT.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Wrench, I believe I had the same problem. The dealer told me the same thing.
Thus, I had to fix it myself.
If it feels like a Slight movement towards the front left leg, near the thigh area. See my post and pics on this.
If I was savy enough to post the link here I would. Sorry.

Also did/does your seat have a slight flex when you start or stop? Kinda like a sway forward/backward.
I am having them replace the seat carriage this week per the TSB.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Well one problem fixed. Not quite sure what they did exactly. I think they replaced the guide rails. Hopefully they documented what they did. Now if only i can fix the other problems. I'll look back at the work order and see what they put down.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Successful fix of Seat

My dealer fixed the loose seat, I believe they followed the TSB. It was a warranty repair and I was not charged. The seat seems to be very stable now.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have the same problem. The seat seems to sway forward and backward when when I'm taking off. I'm going to the dealer on 07-03-04 to see what can be done to fix the problem...

2004 Glaicer White,SE,Nav,Side Moldings,Chrome,Wood Dash,Clear 3m Bra,Weater tec bug and window deflectors,billet grill

·
Registered
40 Posts
estoyer,

Please keep us informed on what happens. I am also having the same problem and have an '04 like you do. Most of the complaints that I've seen and the TSB all are relating to '03s.

Still lovin' the Mo, though!!!

Thanks,
jimmymac

·
Registered
11 Posts
2004 driver seat movement

The dealers computer was down so the will contact me on monday with an answer to my driver seat movement.

2004 Glaicer White with extras...............

·
Registered
202 Posts
I took my Murano in to the dealership about a month ago to get a variety of things done, including getting the driver's side seat fixed per the TSB. They told me that they would have to order the part and would get in touch with me when it came in. Last weekend, after not hearing from them for three weeks, I went back and asked them about the part. They told me that the part was on backorder and that parts for the Murano were hard to get because "the car is so new." I reminded them that the 2005s were almost out and that parts shouldn't be so scarce these days. Has anyone else had a problem getting this part to fix the driver's seat? I'm thinking the dealership just never ordered the part to begin with and that they're just feeding me a line.

Jeff

·
Registered
420 Posts
For those of you with this problem, you definitely want to get it taken care of before you hit that 36,000 mile mark. The part alone will run you over $500.00.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Jp, You are not alone. I have the same problem. As per the TSB, they are going to replace the carriage.
I too have waited 3 weeks for a back ordered carriage.
They are also going to replace the rubber run on the windows to stop the window rattle.
My MO was born Nov 03 and has the seat sway/window rattle and a ticking noise from the drivers door area. One would think these were problems with the 03's and the 04's would have had it fixed at the factory?!?!?!?!?!?!

Overall, I would not trade it in for anything else. they are very minor problems.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I posted a thread (First Maintenance Blues) about this problem with my 04, the dealer replaced the seat part and then tightened the seat down after they tried to give my MO back to me with a rocking chair for a drivers seat. Now I am waiting for the replacement interior door panel and pillar to replace the scratch job they did on mine.

Be careful out there!:14:

·
Registered
11 Posts
My 2004 was built 2 months after the posted service notice but the dealer ordered the defective frame work under the seat. They will contact me when it gets in. I'll keep you posted.......

glaicer white with extras

·
Registered
113 Posts
Had my interior door panel replaced yesterday, the invoice they wrote up amused me. Instead of being truthful about scratching the original panel while replacing the seat frame, they said I had complained of noise coming from the door.

I still have to go back for the door pillar panel, they said the wrong part was ordered for that.

I was thankful that no other damage was done other than the greasy finger prints and the fact they didn't snap in the fastener closest to the front of the door.

·
Registered
62 Posts
DDunnMO said:
I posted a thread (First Maintenance Blues) about this problem with my 04, the dealer replaced the seat part and then tightened the seat down after they tried to give my MO back to me with a rocking chair for a drivers seat. Now I am waiting for the replacement interior door panel and pillar to replace the scratch job they did on mine.
Same thing happened to me.:mad: They also go the scuff plate on the door sill.:1pat:

A few months later and the rocking seat is back. I may just live with it given the alternatives.:8:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts