Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know a good way to fix damage to a front bumper? I parked in a dark parking garage last week and did not see what must have been a piece of metal sticking out of the concrete pole in front of my car. The metal piece put a couple of good scratches in the bumper and also caused an indentation the size of a quarter.

I am pretty picky about my Murano's appearance and this has me bummed. I am sure a body shop would charge a fortune to repair it and I wondered if there were any alternatives that would at least improve the appearance.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Sorry Flamo, I know the feeling in the pit of your gut. It eats away at you. I had a runaway or roll-away happen in the gas station and hit a car and had a softball sized dent right above the fog light.
I had to bite the bullet and do a new bumper skin. It's perfect now and it does not even cross my mind. Almost like it never happened. In my opinion, anything you try yourself will look half assed. You may pop the dent and get touch up paint but it will never look right. Might as well take it into a body shop for an estimate.
Bob1

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!

You do sound as though you understand the feeling! I guess it would not cost me anything to see what the body shop would charge, but my past experiences with them have been expensive so I am leery. Bumper skin? That is a term I have not heard before.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Re: Thanks!

[ Bumper skin? That is a term I have not heard before.
Yeah, apparently what it sounds like. A flexible something or other covering that fits over the inner skeleton. Must be a lot cheaper than an entire bumper. I think they all come in as a primer gray and the body shop has to color match with your car. My guess will be around the 500.00 mark but please tell us after the estimate. Like you said, no harm in going to the shop and getting the price.
Bob1

1 - 4 of 4 Posts