Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just recently I noticed on my Murano, the green light when the intelligent key is sensed in the vehicle has begun flashing after I start the car and begin driving. The light flashes for about 20 seconds now. Any idea what that is?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Two answers...

RTFM

and your fob needs a new battery.

:D

·
Registered
175 Posts
What I meant was ...the manual has the instructions on how to change the battery. First it says take it to the dealer but if you read on in the maintenacne instructions, you will see that it's easy to DIY!!!

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks...I thought that was all it was, but I called the dealer and they had no idea...They wanted me to bring it in and leave it for a day...Total Waste of time...

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
haha...Yeah it is me...I am still around...I am still on everyday, just haven't posted anything in a long time. With a little one running around, it is hard to find any extra time....

·
Registered
3 Posts
green intelli key light

This just started happening in my 05 also - when 1st start up of the day it just blinks a few times as I think it is suppose to. Subsequent startups the light blinks 30 times ( I counted ) every time and then shuts off - don't know if this is a code or something.

·
Registered
17 Posts
If the green light is flashing, it definitely means you should renew the battery. I recently replaced the battery myself and the flash went away. Very simple fix. I purchased one at Radio Shack.

·
Registered
1 Posts
First off just want to say how great I think this forum is. It is filled with a wealth of helpful information. I bought my used 2006 Murano 18 months ago and found this site then when I was in search of some answers and advice.

This week I started to notice a green key flashing on my dash so again I came here and saw that it meant it was time to change the battery in the key fob. So I changed it yesterday but today when I started the car the green light was still flashing.

Any suggestions on how to reset the light? From the responses here it seems that it should have been automatic once the battery was changed. Any thoughts on why it is still blinking?

·
Registered
345 Posts
This discussion reminds me of when my house heater quit working....the blower wouldn't kick in....so I call the heater guy and he walks in...has a smirk on his face....points to the thermostat that's blinking a little icon of a battery down in the left corner of the screen....replaces two AAA batteries in the thermostat and charges me a $56 house call.....easily solved....RTFM!!!! Do you want to calculate the cost of two AAA batteries vs. a $56 housecall?? All because of RTFM!!! :27:

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
First off just want to say how great I think this forum is. It is filled with a wealth of helpful information. I bought my used 2006 Murano 18 months ago and found this site then when I was in search of some answers and advice.

This week I started to notice a green key flashing on my dash so again I came here and saw that it meant it was time to change the battery in the key fob. So I changed it yesterday but today when I started the car the green light was still flashing.

Any suggestions on how to reset the light? From the responses here it seems that it should have been automatic once the battery was changed. Any thoughts on why it is still blinking?
Welcome to the forum.

Try a different set of batteries.

-njjoe

1 - 11 of 11 Posts