Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Custom Knife Creations
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well.. today was the first kinda "cold" day this winter so far..

and I had in interesting "quirk" so far..

I got about 30 meters from the house, and there was a high pitched alarm from the dash.. looked and saw the tire lite was on..

stopped, checked it out.. everything looked ok.. checked the computer.. tires were all at 28 psi (32 psi at warm temp..)..
seems the computer was thinking the tires were flat.. I guess 28/29 is the alarm level..

It's going in for service tomorrow (oil, and rotation) so I'll get them to up the tire pressure for the winter temp..

·
Registered
423 Posts
I believe I read somewhere that the tire warning comes on at 27psi...The cold pressure on the tires is supposed to be set at 33psi all around. If you do this, you shouldn't hear the alarm anymore.

·
Custom Knife Creations
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I looked it up in the service manual as well..

it says 27 PSI, which seems to be off quite a bit..

this evening (twice) I got it up to 29, and 30 , and still the warning came on.

There is no "Reset" steps in the service manual, but I called the dealer, and they said to take it ABOVE 32 for 6 miles.. and it will reset..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Same thing happened to me. Cold pressure was 28 and warm was around 30 or 31. It came on and wouldn't go off, so I took it by the dealer. They upped the pressure to 33/cold and it hasn't come on since.

·
Who needs titles?
23 Posts
same thing happened to me a month or so ago... took it to a dealer and they upped the pressure also to 33psi all around.

They also said they "reset" the tire pressure monitor? I think they might of been feeding me a line to make it seem as if they did something really complicated. But maybe i am wrong.

Can someone verify if that is necessary; or even possible.

While we are on the subject of the tire pressure monitor, does anyone know which tire is which on the screen? Would be nice if they had that little detail on screen!

·
Custom Knife Creations
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
there is no "documented" was to reset the pressure monitor, I've checked the service manual and there is nothing..

the dealer said to "put it above 32, and drive for at least 6 miles.." bu I can't find that documented anywhere.. (maybe it's in a TSB..??)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts