Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately I've noticed that when I open my hatch the two enterior lights on the inside of the hatch flicker a bit and at one point they turned off after 20 seconds AFTER the hatch was fully opened. I had to close and reopen the hatch to make them turn on again.

Is there any place I can easily check on the hatch wire connections or does anyone have any other suggestions?

·
Major Geek
636 Posts
I haven't had the lights flicker, but I certainly have had them turn off after the hatch was open for a little while. Happened while I was loading the car at 4:30am so I could come home after a week in Florida.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Mo has a power save system that will turn all lights off after a while. But the flikering is probably due to the contacts on the switch being dirty or faulty. I am not really sure where the switch is located but if you find it just push the button in a few time to clear any dirt. If it does not work then have it replaced at your next oil change.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought that the auto lights off batter saver was someting like 30 minutes... not 30 seconds. I think there is something with the switch.... I hope its not a wiring issue. I've got to find out where the switch is located. I'll poke around. It might be in the hatch locking mechnaism.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts