Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Murano Platinum
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!
I live in Sweden and just imported a 2018 Murano Platinum from Canada - I am the second owner in Sweden with a Z52 :) Nissan Europe rejected the latest Murano for some reason.
However, my issue now is that in Europe FM Stations is transmitted on also even decimals i.e. 100.2, in North America only odd is used, 100.1 - 100.3...
Sometimes region can be selected in Radio settings, but not (Bose)... even checked the Service Menu.
So, my alternative seems checking the internal FM-Tuner IC, this IC might have pins to "solder Short or Open" to select Tuner mode "NA/EU".

If I am not so lucky anyone here knows how to fix this by software, :D maybe maybe someone might have the service manual for the Bose Radio to help me identify the Tuner IC type so I could check the datasheet for possible regional settings.

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Ricard

·
Super Moderator
1,004 Posts
The head unit (Radio) is manufactured by Clarion. You'll have to find some one who services electronics and see if they can access the schematic for the radio. You could try a search yourself, but the service guys will have access that stuff that we peons don't have. You will need the model number on the back of the head unit for your search.

Don't bother wasting your time with Nissan. They have nothing on the internals of the radio, only the external connectors are documented.

Good luck. You might want to research just replacing the head unit itself. Several users here have had great success going this route. Check out posts from Assad.

Have a good day.

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Murano Platinum
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The head unit (Radio) is manufactured by Clarion. You'll have to find some one who services electronics and see if they can access the schematic for the radio. You could try a search yourself, but the service guys will have access that stuff that we peons don't have. You will need the model number on the back of the head unit for your search.

Don't bother wasting your time with Nissan. They have nothing on the internals of the radio, only the external connectors are documented.

Good luck. You might want to research just replacing the head unit itself. Several users here have had great success going this route. Check out posts from Assad.

Have a good day.
Hi PaulDay, thanks for your inputs. Yes I thought it still could be Clarion inside, just like my old Z50 Bose system. If I cannot easily get the schematics I will just remove and open up the head unit to identify the tuner IC for eventually options.
If hard wiring IC pins is not possible I have to swap head unit to some Android thing, or I just skip FM band "even stations" :)

Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts