Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

I'm happy I found you, so maybe I'll solve my problem!

To be short:

My Bose radio when searching stations runs only on odd numbers (at decimal) i.e.: 95.7, 95.9, 96.1, 102.5 and so on.

Is it a stndard in US?
I'm living in Bucharest, Romania (where many radiostations has even decimals: 98.2, 102.8...)

Any ideea?

Thank you very much!

Mihai

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Yes, in the US, the radio stations run in odd decimals.

Lemme check if the owners manual tells how to change to foreign radio tuning. I know a lot of aftermarket stereos let you do this. Hold on...

Update: sorry the owners manual does not tell how to switch to the other frequency mode of tuning. Did you transport a US spec MO to your country?

Anyone else know of any ideas?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Eric L. said:

Did you transport a US spec MO to your country?

Anyone else know of any ideas?
Thank you Eric!

Yes, my Nissan was imported from US!

Maybe a OBDII diagnose software for Murano, as VW has (Ross Tech's Vag-Com) will solve?

Is such a soft available somewhere?

Thanks again!

Mihai

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
miho said:

Thank you Eric!

Yes, my Nissan was imported from US!

Maybe a OBDII diagnose software for Murano, as VW has (Ross Tech's Vag-Com) will solve?

Is such a soft available somewhere?

Thanks again!

Mihai
If you can find a friendly Nissan dealer, they might be able to do it for you. The tool you are looking for is called Nissan Consult-2, but its not available to normal consumers.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
No, software won't help.

Most FM radios today have "electronic" tuners (as opposed to mechanical) and have a small switch somewhere that can change the default tuning to odd or even.

I guess the first thing I would do is try and find as many pix as possible of the radio being out (Do a search on PAC) or I would pull the Radio (Or Head Unit) and take a look. The switch may be in the Head unit, under the cover.

Of course it is always possible since these receivers are "purpose built:, there is no switch............

Then you could talk to the local electronicers to see if they think they can modify the radio.........

OR you could perhaps get a Euro Head Unit..........is the even number decimal designation true for all of europe?.......I would think so.

Homer

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Eric L. said:

If you can find a friendly Nissan dealer, they might be able to do it for you. The tool you are looking for is called Nissan Consult-2, but its not available to normal consumers.
I'm a abnormal consumer:)

@Homer

Thank you! I'll try find the switch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts