Nissan Murano Forum banner

21 - 40 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
thanks for the info...I installed the parking and fog lights in 30 mins...the passenger side didnt give me much problem...just gave it a little push and the whole fog light assembly just popped out.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thank you so much for the instructions! I have a cracked fog light on my '04 MO that needs replaced. You saved allot gief!

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Wow.
A walk through Murano History........ ;)

Goes to show that there is a lot of gold in them thar old hills.

Homer

·
Registered
68 Posts
When changing out the passenger side, was there anything else that needed to be moved/removed as opposed to as the driver side?

My '06 had a container, and I wasn't expecting that.. not sure how to get to the pass side.

·
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
You need to reach behind to container and unscrew a small screw on the top of the lamp assembly. Then push entire lamp assemble forward. That what I have done twice.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Thanks..

Thanks... got it done in no time flat this morning...

Maybe I missed it earlier, but didn't read anything about reaching behind the container, so figured they changed something in '06.

Thanks...

·
Registered
222 Posts
On the '06, did you have to do anything special to get the trim piece off, or did it just come out when you pushed the assembly out the front? Mine has a silver trim ring around the foglights--not sure if this is attached to the fog lamp assembly, or the bumper.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Kris said:
You need to reach behind to container and unscrew a small screw on the top of the lamp assembly. Then push entire lamp assemble forward. That what I have done twice.
I did unscrew a small screw and I tried to push the foglight out, but won't pop out. Can't push the pins. very akward. anyone can help.

thanks

·
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Take a long scewdriver and push the pin. It should work.
I did it a couple of weeks ago. But be carefull as the the lamp will pop up and can fall on the ground!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Kris said:
Take a long scewdriver and push the pin. It should work.
I did it a couple of weeks ago. But be carefull as the the lamp will pop up and can fall on the ground!
If I am not mistaken there are 2 pins. Can you reach both the pins with the long screwdriver? I will try again on Sat, hopefully will get it pop out.

Thanks Kris:2:

·
Registered
418 Posts
Push the fog light assembly at the back of the bulb, where the wiring harness connects. This way you can "wiggle" as well as push to free the assembly. This allows you to hold the assembly by the wiring harness so it won't fall out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wow that was soooo helpful great post! Quick question though what was the name of them and where can I get them? I just did a quick ebay search and didnt find them just wondering if anyone knew off hand?

·
Registered
222 Posts
I got mine from Pinnacle in AZ. Not sure where you are, but if you're from Canada, get the parts from the US. OEM prices are less than half of what we'd pay up here.

FOG LAMP ASSEMBLY--make sure to order the correct side, left or right, as they are not interchangeable. There are some aftermarket listings on ebay, and I believe they are interchangable with FX35/45 lights, so check for both.

OEM worked out to the same price for me as the aftermarket items, so I went that route.

·
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I changed bulbs in both Murano and the FX. The fog lamps look the same.

·
Registered
35 Posts
just install hoen bulbs on both head and fog.. got lots of scratches on my hand when attempting to install the passenger side fog. But it's worth it :)

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
ahhhhh from reading the direction from kris it looks easy to do so i just bought the bulbs and plan to replace rgem this weekend. is there any tricks or tips on the passenger side :) and i will also change the driving lights to xeon match

·
Registered
167 Posts
arrgh, this passenger side is killing me! I can reach the screw but I cannot get it to budge. I'll keep trying...

:cursin:

·
Registered
6 Posts
I put in new fog lights this morning and i don't think i would have had a chance if i didn't read through this first. This forum is great and you guys all have good advice!

·
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Very interesting question. However, I am afraid it is the wrong forum....

21 - 40 of 105 Posts