Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about fog lights bulbs replacement. The two options I considered are PIAA Xtreme White and Osram Sylvania Silverstar. The PIAA claims 4150K color temperature while Sylvania 4000K. So the PIAA would be closer to HID. My goal is to get as close to HID color temperature as possible. I do not want to see much difference between the main lights (HID) and the fog lamps.

Yesterday I saw at Nissan dealer PIAA bulbs – US$ 68 – pretty expensive. I also seen Sylvania Silverstar at a local AutoZone shop – US$ 46. There is a price difference. However, I am more interested in the look – if PIAA is noticeably closer to HID I will go for it.

Anybody out there upgraded the fog bulbs to either PIAA or Sylvania Silverstar? Any comments?

·
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks esemes,

it looks interesting. Which one did you get? 9006?

Cheers

·
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks,

I have HID so 9006 will do.......;)

·
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wow, it really is a close match.You convinced me.

thanks

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Is it hard to get to the fog/headlight assemblies? I glanced at the FSM and from what I see, you need to remove the entire headlight assembly, and for the fogs, you need to remove the bumper! Seems like a lot of trouble just to have white lights (which don't really enhance illumination while driving).

I wish the marker light bulb in the headlight assembly (the one above the projector) was used for high beams. I have HID's and it seems like high beams on this is just reaiming the same low beam up higher but not any brighter.

·
hail 2 the snail
796 Posts
Eric L. said:
Is it hard to get to the fog/headlight assemblies? I glanced at the FSM and from what I see, you need to remove the entire headlight assembly, and for the fogs, you need to remove the bumper! Seems like a lot of trouble just to have white lights (which don't really enhance illumination while driving).

I wish the marker light bulb in the headlight assembly (the one above the projector) was used for high beams. I have HID's and it seems like high beams on this is just reaiming the same low beam up higher but not any brighter.

eric..

it took me some prodding to find this answer out

DO NOT remove the bumper... totally unecessary!!

DO THIS!!

REMOVE-----five phillie head screws on the underside of the front (most) trim/splashguard...the front of the front wheel, mind you....

then REMOVE----- upper pushpin fastener on the upper (inner) of the wheelwell (use a tiny screwdriver to push in the center of the fastener, and it'll pop out)....

then.,..... simply 'peel' (sounds worse than it is) the inner plastic (very flimsy) liner out a bit, and away from the body .....

then reach inside and forward to change the foggers....... and reach upward to change the parking bulbs,..........

its all accessibel that way..... very easy... 10 minutes a side max (once you've found the housing backings........use a flashlight for the upper ones)

good luck!

·
4,664 Posts
And if ya really want, one bolt and the foglight comes right out. I know 'cause I had to replace one after it lost a fight to a rock...

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi everyone. I see a lot of people use the heon lights for the fog lights, but does anyone know the HID actual color temp? 4000k? 5000K? 6000K? Cause there are some out there that goes up to 6000K if needed

·
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
68 Posts
Pretty close match, but Kris's look a little pink i.m.p. It look like the HID is a little brighter still, and esemes do look like they match from afar. If that's the closest we can get to, that'll be fine with me.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I'm looking to do something different. Rather than trying to match the HID light, what about making the fogs an ion-yellow output, like the IS300? Anyone know of any bulbs that will do this?

·
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
whitemo,

actually esemes' and my bulbs are the same. As I said in my previous post the photos do not do justice. In reality the match is much better. You almost do not see the difference. You will like it I am pretty sure.

·
4,664 Posts
Anyone considered putting HID's in the fogs? There's kits available and the fogs are glass and metal, so it's likely they'll take the heat.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts