Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
elerico said:
can we claim the lense on the fog light on the warranty
Sure, if you can prove the lense failed due to a manufacturing defect. However, if it was obviously damaged due to road debris then you are SOL (simply out of luck; which is not to be confused with the other SOL).

If your MO is relatively brand-new and your dealer is in a generous mood, you may want to see if they can extend a bit of goodwill your way and fix it gratis. You would have a better shot asking for goodwill than pushing for warranty repair.

-njjoe

·
Registered
186 Posts
Re: Re: fog light warrenty

njjoe said:

Sure, if you can prove the lense failed due to a manufacturing defect. However, if it was obviously damaged due to road debris then you are SOL (simply out of luck; which is not to be confused with the other SOL).

If your MO is relatively brand-new and your dealer is in a generous mood, you may want to see if they can extend a bit of goodwill your way and fix it gratis. You would have a better shot asking for goodwill than pushing for warranty repair.

-njjoe
I would agree with this. With my last car (Miata) both fog lights were blown out (probably by road debris) and the dealership said "buhbye" both times I tried to get them repaired. It is irritatating they didn't do a better job reinforcing those things.

Perhaps you could prove a design defect? :8: Not sure that would work tho...

·
Love to live w/ MO
410 Posts
Ctx said:

Mr. Enforcer: Link did not work for me. Perhaps I can't click. :)

p.s. I would buy them in a second!
CTX, enforcer just put an extra . at the end

click here and it should take you to the right URL
:cheers:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts