Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that some of you say you have HID fog lights also. Any suggestions on where and what to get? It makes me nuts to have them on and that they do not match the headlights.

Obsessive yes....but what can I say.

·
Registered
309 Posts
People have gotten/used the Silvania Silverstars and a set from PIAA (not sure which model).

Do a search and you'll find a couple of discussions on this.

·
5,268 Posts
I have them. Work OK. Pretty close to HID. Do a search, I believe I posted some pics and instruction how to replace them....
G'day

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Wow $225 is pretty cheap for an HID conversion kit. Where in the bumper did you mount the ballasts and control unit? Was it plug and play with the Nissan harness? I had a conversion kit on my Maxima and had to replace a fuse with a higher amp one for the HIDs.

·
My MO's faster than yours
444 Posts
i just zip tied it to whatever i could...i was pretty lazy

yeah i replaced my fog light fuse with a 25.

·
4,664 Posts
So, for those that put HID's in the fogs, how well do they work?

Yeah, colour is one thing, but seriously, is there a leap in peformance?

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have the hoen's on the fogs right now. I am very happy with them, but for $225.00 I am willing to upgrade to HID's for fogs.

·
4,664 Posts
Unlike the headlights, the foglights are cast metal and glass...

I wouldn't worry about heat, but rocks will hurt! I had to replace one of mine, last year...

·
Registered
443 Posts
ogden10 said:
any worry about the heat?
HIDs make less heat than incandescent bulbs. The concern I have is the current spike during power-up. I suspect the factory wiring doesn't have one thread of copper more than the minimum to carry the spec'd current of those bulbs.

I actually had the HOENs for a while, but after a few days it hit me that they looked like every other fake HID blue tinted incandescent bulb out there. Why cheapen the look of the real thing with the fakes? Even though it meant more scratches on my forearms, I put back the stocks. :p

With HIDs in the mains, those "fogs" are more for show than anything else since the the main headlights blow away their output. I suppose with a real HID and ballast in there they'd be brighter but with what kind of reflective pattern? Blinding oncoming drivers?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts