Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't get my fog lights to work. Turn on my headlights, then turn fog light dial to on, but no lights. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks, MOjoe

·
Registered
424 Posts
They only go on with the low beams. If you tried turning them on with the parking lights or high beams, nothing would happen.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I wish there was an indicator on the instrument panel telling you the fog lights were on...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That was it, brights were on, preventing fogs from turning on. Thanks! You guys are something else.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
If anyone knows of a way to avoid this "feature" and having the fog lights on with parking lights it would be most appreciated.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Way back in the day, on the Maxima message boards, people used to hotwire the foglight relay so it would allow you to turn on the fogs without turning on the headlights first.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
I did it with my previous 89 Pulsar... but it was very easy as the rely to the fogs was done at the dealer and it was easily seen to be tapped into the highbeams... so I connected the relay to the parking lights and that did it. With the MO it was done at the factory and is controlled by the computer. I have no idea where the relay for the fog lamp is located or if there is even a relay for it. :confused:

·
Registered
161 Posts
Maybe this FRONT FOG LAMPwill help

I am not sure what all this means, but it is straight from the service manual..
FRONT FOG LAMP

FRONT FOG LAMP PFP:26150
System Description AKS005P3
Control of the fog lamps is dependent upon the position of the combination switch (lighting switch). The lighting
switch must be in the 2ND position or AUTO position (LOW beam is ON) for front fog lamp operation.When
the lighting switch is placed in the fog lamp position the BCM (body control module) receives input signal
requesting the fog lamps to illuminate. When the headlamps are illuminated, this input signal is communicated
to the IPDM E/R (intelligent power distribution module engine room) across the CAN communication lines. The
central processing unit of the IPDM E/R controls the front fog lamp relay coil. When activated, this relay directs
power to the front fog lamps.
OUTLINE
Power is supplied at all times
 through 15A fuse [No. 72, located in the IPDM E/R (intelligent power distribution module engine room)]
 to front fog lamp relay, located in the IPDM E/R (intelligent power distribution module engine room), and
 through 15A fuse [No. 73, located in the IPDM E/R (intelligent power distribution module engine room)]
 to CPU (central processing unit) in the IPDM E/R (intelligent power distribution module engine room)
Power is also supplied at all times
 through 50A fusible link (letter F, located in the fuse and fusible link box)
 to BCM (body control module) terminal 7
When the ignition switch is in ON or START position, power is supplied
 through 10A fuse [No. 1, located in the fuse block (J/B)]
 to BCM (body control module) terminal 35
 through 10A fuse [No. 80, located in the IPDM E/R (intelligent power distribution module engine room)]
 to CPU (central processing unit) in the IPDM E/R (intelligent power distribution module engine room)
When the ignition switch is in ACC or ON position, power is supplied
 through 10A fuse [No. 6, located in the fuse block (J/B)]
 to BCM (body control module) terminal 36
Ground is supplied
 to BCM (body control module) terminal 8
 through grounds E13, E26 and E28
 to IPDM E/R (intelligent power distribution module engine room) terminal 14 and 45
 through grounds E13, E26 and E28.
FOG LAMP OPERATION
The fog lamp switch is built into the combination switch. The lighting switch must be in the 2ND position or
AUTO position (LOW beam is ON) and the fog lamp switch must be ON for fog lamp operation.
With the fog lamp switch in the ON position, the CPU (central processing unit) of the IPDM E/R (intelligent
power distribution module engine room) grounds the coil side of the fog lamp relay. The fog lamp relay then
directs power
 through IPDM E/R terminal 32
 to front fog lamp LH terminal 1
 through IPDM E/R terminal 29
 to front fog lamp RH terminal 1
Ground is supplied
 to front fog lamp LH terminal 2
 through grounds E13, E26 and E28, and
 to front fog lamp RH terminal 2
 through grounds E13, E26 and E28.
With power and grounds supplied, the front fog lamps illuminate.
FRONT FOG LAMP
COMBINATION SWITCH READING FUNCTION
Refer to LT-253, "Combination Switch Reading Function" .

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Yea I guess it would help... can anyone translate and provide pictures for a solution? :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Gonzo said:
Yea I guess it would help... can anyone translate and provide pictures for a solution? :rolleyes:
In English: turn on your headlights to use your fogs. hehe. Actually I bet the hotwire approach will still work (i.e. energize the relay by hooking it up to something that already has power), although who knows with the way the Murano is rigged up!

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Perfect... hook up the parking lights to it and that would do it..... turn on the head lights..... you are funnnnnyyyyyyyyy. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts