Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can the fog lights be changed to also come on when ONLY the park lights are switched on rather than JUST when the headlights are on??

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Actually I believe there is, but it would involve some wiring modifications. This was a popular mod on the Maxima BBS, and I have seen many Maxima owners successfully perform this modification. It involves tricking the computer into thinking the headlight switch is on the "on" position when it isn't. I suggest you head on over to www.maxima.org forums and do a search on the foglight mod.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am in Canada, and the Fog lights are always on as driving lights.

A good safety feature, but yes it does look cool.

If you put on the lights to Parking lights, and turn on the fog lights, does that not work?

Loving mine for 8 months now....

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
SilverMurano said:
I am in Canada, and the Fog lights are always on as driving lights.

A good safety feature, but yes it does look cool.

If you put on the lights to Parking lights, and turn on the fog lights, does that not work?

Loving mine for 8 months now....
No in the US fogs only come on with the headlights.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Re: Re: Fog Lights

Eric L. said:

No in the US fogs only come on with the headlights.
Not true. Many US made cars have this feature. My 01 Intrepid R/T can do it right from the factory. :)

·
4,664 Posts
I think he's being Murano specific here, as that's what we're talking about....;)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Somebody with a wiring diagram might be able to figure out a way to mod the fogs................... my friend was able to wire the fogs on my WRX to come on whenever I please :D

Wonder if there is a relay for the daytime running lights???

1 - 8 of 8 Posts