Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope someone can help !! I have a "FOG" on the inside of my window. It comes when I drive for more than a few mins. It doesnt matter what I turn the fan on or how hot. It does not clear off. i have a new 2018 murano. Took it into dealer, it is not a heater core issue ( they say) and it doesnt seem like a film. But very annoying driving into the sun or at night. I have to stop to wipe the inside of the window. Any suggestions ??:(

·
Registered
76 Posts
Inside of window or windshield?
Is it warm outside or cold?
Where are you?
Try defrost setting and make sure a/c is on and fresh air not recirculated air.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Inside of window or windshield?
Is it warm outside or cold?
Where are you?
Try defrost setting and make sure a/c is on and fresh air not recirculated air.
I am in Sask. It is cool out but not cold. This all started about a month ago... It is on my front windshield. Ill try the defrost with A/C on. It is really strange. It just does not clear off.

·
Registered
853 Posts
You should be able to run it on auto and adjust the temp with no drama at all. Take it to the dealer if you know you’re using it correctly.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Some cars just tend to fog up more than others. My Ford Explorer does this all the time.
From experience, if you have moisture on the inside, you have some kind of water infiltration issue. Excessive moisture will show up at the front windshield first simply because it gets colder from the wind when driving.

It could be as simple as repeatedly getting in and out during heavy rain during cold weather. Your A/C might not be functioning correctly, which is used to remove moisture during humid weather. You also might have a drain issue in the A/C unit, or sunroof if you have one.

Run a small dehumidifier in your car over night. Remove any aftermarket rubber mats first. If you have more then a cup of water in the morning, you have a water infiltration issue and need to look for the culprit before rust or electrical issues start to crop up.

Have a good day.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts