1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
741 Posts
As it has been said many times already, the problem with any non-OEM upgrade are the reflectors that were not designed for HID. At the best, you will end up blinding everyone and will also spend a few hundreds a year in well-earned tickets. The worse being your entire headlamp assembly melting because of the incorrect heat/material combination.

·
My MO's faster than yours
419 Posts
I installed the HID's a coupld days after I bought the mo. It came from my Integra that i traded in. Luckily they both used 9006......BUT the bulbs i had were designed for projector housings....So if you buy HIDs just make sure they are for reflectors and they shouldn't blind people as much.....

·
Registered
73 Posts
regarding HID conversion

boxdesign

the HIDs look really nice.

i have been thinking about doing the conversion myself
'cause i have an SL without HIDs.

just a few questions please...

1. are the bulbs 9006/9007 (as i was told by nissan it is 9007, but you mentioned 9006 here)

2. did you lose your high beams?

3. will this affect your warranty? (ie bad alternator, will they blame
the after-market HIDs?

please let me know.

thanks.

·
My MO's faster than yours
419 Posts
1...the bulbs are 9006...where does it state them as 9007?

2. nope I have stock hid's on mo. My high's are still there and working...but not at the same time as the fogs

·
4,601 Posts
If the HID bulb is positioned properly the lights should have the same optics as the regular bulbs, just brighter. HID's run cooler, so heat's not an issue, and even if it was, the fogs are cast metal and glass, unlike the headlights. Also, the fogs are adjustable so you can make sure they're not pointed directly at oncoming traffic, but aimed to the ground in the distance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts