Nissan Murano Forum banner

Does your other 'luxury' vehicle have rattles/problems like the Murano?

• Yes, I own or have owned another luxury vehicle(s) and -have- had these problems.

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • No, I own or have owned another luxury vehicle(s) but -have not- had these problems.

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • No, I have not owned a luxury vehicle.

Votes: 9 37.5%

• Total voters
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... do you experience similar problems on your other vehicles? It has been confirmed that the MO has various rattles and a few other quirky problems, some being unusual for a "higher end" vehicle, so I'm wondering if the same problems are occuring in BMW's, MB's, Lexus, etc, etc.

The three poll options cover everything, but the last one should read "No, I have not owned any luxury vehicles before the Murano."

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright, it's sorta-luxury :p

But yeah, at the higher end of the spectrum than say.. a 16k Grand Am.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
I owned a $32K Chrysler T&C Minivan that after 7 years still didn't have a rattle.
It never went to the shop while in warranty.
It went one time when it was 5 years old. The idler pulley froze up and stripped the serpentine belt. Cost me $145. This year, a lug broke on one wheel while rotating tires.
Chrysler may be know for a lot of things (Electrical, Tranny) but rattles are unheard of.

Homer

·
Registered
136 Posts
I traded a '94 Acura Legend for the MO. It never had a rattle. It had few repairs (although the ones it did have were expensive). There was a little wind noise in the passenger window at the end.
I could have kept it for a couple more years but I fell in love with the Murano. If I could have such a good 9 years out of the Murano I would be truly satisfied.

·
Registered
360 Posts
We have a '93 Town Car that we bought new. Never a rattle or squeak. And that 4.6L engine, even pulling that sled, can out-scat just about everything on the road.
4.6L Mustang owners who have driven a 5.0L Stang can attest to that.

The Boss Lady's '02 PT Cruiser (I know, not considered a luxury ride) has been in the shop just once. The fog light switch went out while we were driving through TS Isadore. We dropped it off at the dealer one evening and picked it up the next.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the responses so far, guys. I thought it would be an interesting poll considering all the talk lately of MO problems versus problems with big names like MB and BMW.

I hope the MO lasts. Mechanically, it seems like it will. But the rattles... well... :3:

·
Registered
34 Posts
My Lux Experiences.

2001 Mercedez SLK320 ($51K)
- retractable hardtop rubs the b-pillar (well known)
- placstic flap inside of the roof rattles
- mialigned ashtray
- horn produced only a single tune (one was defective)
- driver side windows makes noise when rolling up/down
- very minor leak in tranny
- speedo cluster makes noise

2002 BMW 325 convertible (43K)
- rocking seats (tightened)
- noise from the rear wheels (replaced bearings)

Of course, they were all replaced. The momeny i mentioned this, they would order new parts and get them replaced. No question asked. They would never argue with me.

96 Lexus GS300 ($45K)
- noise in brake (never fixed, i was told to replace them at $500)
- streering thumping (never fixed but it was minor enough)

03 Murano SE (35K)
- off center steering - fixed by alignment by dealer.
- sporatic tick/in B Pillar. I haven't taken it to the dealer. IT is really minor

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I guess that's the one benefit of owning the luxury vehicles... better service. "I want this fixed" "Yes sir!"

No "we have to reproduce it first" and then "we never found the problem" ... geh.

Anyway. Moderators! I totally missed the "Poll" category. If you want to move this to the Poll section, please do!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts