Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just signed the paperwork for my new Morano, hooray!!! '03 demo, invoice minus $6k, 5500 miles on the odometer. I succumbed to two add-ons, but I think I got a good price all around.

1) Ford Powercode vehicle security system with remote start ($250) and
2) Gold Preferred prepaid service, 48 months or 60,000 miles ($1450).

At first the guy told me that the MO was pre-wired for the alarm, and it was just a plug and play install. After the contract was signed, I found out it is a Ford alarm, and is not pre-wired. Since the dealer is also a Ford dealer I wasn't too worried, but now I am having second thoughts.

I am leaving town tomorow and will pick it up next week when I return, but I wonder if I made a mistake with the alarm. What do you think?

Also, will this alarm interfere with the NVIS or NATS (whatever they are)??

[edit] I apologize for the duplicate thread (also on the general discussion section), but I figured the real pro's might hang out here, and I need an answer in a hurry if I want to do something about the alarm.
thanks

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
The Murano comes with a stock alarm (Nissan Anti-Theft System NATS) which protects the doors, trunk, and hood. It also comes with an engine immobilizer system coded to your ignition key's transponder chip (Nissan Vehicle Immobilizer System NVIS). I'm not sure what an aftermarket system would add to it - maybe rolling code, glass breakage, and motion sensors? In that case, I would rather get a Clifford over a Ford system.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the quick responses. I went back to the dealer this morning and they admitted that the MO was not pre-wired for the alarm. I had them rewrite the contract without the alarm, which they did without hesitation. I feel a lot better now. Thanks

Dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts