Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
had been a fan of Nissan since Sentra 1988!

Had to sell the Lexus when I left Korea. Considering Murano. Any comparisons?, seems to be little cheaper but similar in many respects....

what is the warranty on 2005 Murano?, any comments will be appreciated.

gychang

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
No comparision at all!

The Mo is better in every way.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Nissan standard warranty: 3 years or 36,000 miles bumper to bumper; 5 years or 60,000 miles powertrain

·
5,244 Posts
Do not take anything for granted. Listen to people opinions but make your own. Take the Murano for a long test drive. Go back to Lexus. Come back to Murano. Drive again. Only after that make your opinion.

Oh, and good luck whatever you choose.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Re: Re: No comparision at all!

RandyMax said:

You're kidding, right?? ;)
The Murano has a cheaper interior (well you paid less, so you would expect that), and no Nissan will ever have resale value like a Lexus. Other than that, I'd put the Murano on par or better than the RX in every category, particularly performance.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Eric L. said:
The Murano has a cheaper interior (well you paid less, so you would expect that), and no Nissan will ever have resale value like a Lexus. Other than that, I'd put the Murano on par or better than the RX in every category, particularly performance.
Agreed....:)

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
While I like the performance and price of a Murano, I think the RX is defintitly worth more,

Areas in which I think it is better are......

Noise. My neighbors 330 is much quieter than my Murano. Especially when it comes to wind noise and ESPECIALLY road noise.

Build quality. No rattles. No creaks. No squeaking brakes. No loose steering bolts.

Warranty. Rosemary told me that her bumper to bumper was 4 years 50,000 miles and her powertrain was 6 years 70,000 miles. That's called an extended warranty by Nissan........

The Interior quality is no comparison. The RX looks rich.

I think the RX grill is better than the Nissan Grill.

And the Dealer network? No comparison!

There is a reason for the difference in price and obviously there is room for both.

Homer

·
Registered
545 Posts
What kind of service charges are there for the Lexus vehicles? I think Nissan scheduled maintenance is a bit steep at times. My wife is leasing a 2004 Saab 9-5 and there are no charges for oil changes or scheduled maintenance for the 1st 3 years.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Lexus includes the first oil change for free I think and roadside assistance for the length of the warranty. Service otherwise is not included, and you can expect to pay more at a Lexus dealer for service (vs a Nissan dealer), although with Lexus, you always get a free loaner car.

With Nissan dealers, its a coin flip whether you get a loaner, and some might have a shuttle service, but more likely they'll point you to the bus stop.

·
5,244 Posts
elliotgb said:
What kind of service charges are there for the Lexus vehicles? I think Nissan scheduled maintenance is a bit steep at times. My wife is leasing a 2004 Saab 9-5 and there are no charges for oil changes or scheduled maintenance for the 1st 3 years.
There are charges, you just do not see them. They are hidden in lease charge........just remember - nothing is free. This is all about marketing

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Biggest problem I had with the Lexus was size. Can't possibly handle the luggage for 4 people on a long trip.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Re: Re: Re: No comparision at all!

Eric L. said:

:werd: (Although I think the G35C can hold its own against Lexus when it comes to resale value.)

Before getting our Murano, we were definitely more in favor of getting the RX330. But the selling price of the RX right now is more than I'm willing to spend. On the other hand, Nissan's new lease deal on the 05 MO SL AWD Touring made the MO to good of a deal to pass up. (With $2k down, there's no way I'd have a $360/mo lease payment on a comparably equipped RX.)

·
5,244 Posts
Not bad. I put $2k down and am paying $400/month + applicable taxes for FX35. And I think it is a good deal.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Although I like them, the wife thinks the FX is butt ugly. I did try at one point though.

·
5,244 Posts
Quite opposite to mine - she thinks the FX is beautiful! And has character! So I do not drive it much………

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
I'll personally stick by my comment.

It's true for me. Some responses (these are not rebuttals to start a war, if it does I'll not re volley so fire away)

I have personally just never had a rattle or squeek period. My first Mo's alt did not fail and this on is not in the recall zone.

I feel that taking the price into account the interior quality is better for the dollar spent. (my Phaeton is better than both but it cost $90K it should be)

When I bought the car I received stickers for 10 free oil changes.

I bought an extended warranty so I am covered and including the pprice in the MO I am still way ahead. (For that matter I also bought one on the Phaeton)

I knew I wanted to change the grill will I bought the car and I have the laser cut grill. (this is a matter of personal taste so it does not count anyway, for that matter I don't like the Lexus grill either)

I bought a car, not a dealer. I hated my buying experience and the sales org. I have found that by building a close personal relationship with the head of parts, service department and my advisor I am now allowed to be with my MO when It serviced and am building a relationship with "My" tech. That right I get the same one. It's wonderful what some boxes of "Good donuts" and kind words and typed out information when Come in can do.

Regarding resale value is a percentage game take a look at the "residual" % on the leases ( I bought) If I understand correctly the difference is a few % that is more than made up by the initial investment required.

Interior room, exhaust sounds (I am not even sure my Mo is running sometimes when it's in the driveway) Others want an increased "rumble" when given the gas, it's what you are looking for I think.

Final thought, I "personally" feel the Rx is as The Arnold would say a "Girlee Car" and thats not for me.

Remember these continue to be only my opinions. I do say I have thought about it, tried to provide useful thought. BUT YOU MAY DIFFER and that is what Freedom is all about. It does not mean either of us are stupid just different.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Re: I'll personally stick by my comment.

GripperDon said:
Final thought, I "personally" feel the Rx is as The Arnold would say a "Girlee Car" and thats not for me.
Outside of price, that's the other hangup I have with the RX: it's somewhat of an "effeminate" SUV....as in I rarely see men driving them around here in Central NJ. Then again, I recall reading that some 60% of Lexus buyers are female so, I guess this all makes sense.

·
5,244 Posts
One of the reasons that my wife would not drive RX is because it is "Girlee Car".......

1 - 20 of 30 Posts