Nissan Murano Forum banner

81 - 83 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Since the new one is protected by a piece of plastic, I wonder if we can do the same? I'm thinking it would be easy to get a piece of plastic cut to fit in front of it. Anyone else try this yet?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Update:

I've had my new replaced sensor (one manufactured after Jan 09, 2018) installed for about 2.5 months now, and I use the ICC pretty heavily. I've only had the warning light come on once, and it was during moderate to heavy rain. At least for me, it seems the replacement sensor has resolved all the issues.

For anyone who does the replacement. If you can, ask for the old sensor back and keep it. If the dealership says they need to send it back to Nissan, then ask to take some photos of it first, and take photos that capture its manufacturer date and any serial number.

The class-action suit is progressing, and even if the replacement was covered under the warranty, there's a good chance you can collect damages for the time and hassle, especially if it took multiple trips to resolve.
I should fall under this category. I've had mine replaced 3 times. So far the 3rd times seems to do the trick, fingers crossed.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Since the new one is protected by a piece of plastic, I wonder if we can do the same? I'm thinking it would be easy to get a piece of plastic cut to fit in front of it. Anyone else try this yet?
I have seen it discussed, but not sure if anyone has tried it. A pice of sacrificial plexiglass would probably do the trick until it got scratched or pitted too much, but then could swap out. This assumes the problem stems from road debris impact and not some faulty software or internal electronics.

81 - 83 of 83 Posts
About this Discussion
82 Replies
45 Participants
mattski
Nissan Murano Forum
We’re a community dedicated to Nissan Murano owners and enthusiasts. Discuss specs, safety rating, towing capacity and more!
Full Forum Listing