Nissan Murano Forum banner

81 - 94 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Since the new one is protected by a piece of plastic, I wonder if we can do the same? I'm thinking it would be easy to get a piece of plastic cut to fit in front of it. Anyone else try this yet?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Update:

I've had my new replaced sensor (one manufactured after Jan 09, 2018) installed for about 2.5 months now, and I use the ICC pretty heavily. I've only had the warning light come on once, and it was during moderate to heavy rain. At least for me, it seems the replacement sensor has resolved all the issues.

For anyone who does the replacement. If you can, ask for the old sensor back and keep it. If the dealership says they need to send it back to Nissan, then ask to take some photos of it first, and take photos that capture its manufacturer date and any serial number.

The class-action suit is progressing, and even if the replacement was covered under the warranty, there's a good chance you can collect damages for the time and hassle, especially if it took multiple trips to resolve.
I should fall under this category. I've had mine replaced 3 times. So far the 3rd times seems to do the trick, fingers crossed.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Since the new one is protected by a piece of plastic, I wonder if we can do the same? I'm thinking it would be easy to get a piece of plastic cut to fit in front of it. Anyone else try this yet?
I have seen it discussed, but not sure if anyone has tried it. A pice of sacrificial plexiglass would probably do the trick until it got scratched or pitted too much, but then could swap out. This assumes the problem stems from road debris impact and not some faulty software or internal electronics.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Just bought used 2018 Platinum with 6k miles and had sensor replaced by dealer within first two weeks. So far so good

·
Registered
2 Posts
I set the warning on "early" and it usually doesn't give many false positives. But as soon as you are driving on a steep road like we have so many in San Francisco, the collision warning triggers all the time! I have also noticed it got worst with the recent updates.
Tutuapp 9apps Showbox

·
Registered
98 Posts
What updates and how you're getting them?

It has been a week since I've got sensor replaced and not even one issue. Before I had radar randomly disabled 3-4 times a day. Dealer told me my sensor SN was not on Nissan list to replace but apparently it was still a defective unit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anybody noticed issues with the forward collision warning sensor after the dealer replaced the ABS actuator due to recent recall? I started to have issues right away. Did they bumped the sensor during moving my car or installing the ABS actuator, disconnecting, reconnecting wiring harnesses messes up this sensor?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anybody noticed issues with the forward collision warning sensor after the dealer replaced the ABS actuator due to recent recall? I started to have issues right away. Did they bumped the sensor during moving my car or installing the ABS actuator, disconnecting, reconnecting wiring harnesses messes up this sensor?
OK. My car has been fixed. It turns out that after the replacement of the ABS actuator it is a quite frequent issue. The solution was to re-calibrate the steering wheel angle sensor, it also solved the issue with the forward collision warning light.

·
Registered
9 Posts
OK - I finally got off my butt and took my Murano to my local dealership. They were aware of the issue and Technical Bulletin. Tested, confirmed and replaced my ICC Sensor. No charge - under warranty. Sweet!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a 2016 SL and regardless of the weather or obstructions it's beeping out of the blue and of course cancel the cruise control. Dealer doesn't want to fix it as its because the front bumper has signs of scratches. They are saying that I touched the sidewalk and possible bent the radar support. They will do it if I allow "their" auto insurance agent to asses and give the ok to recalibrate the radar. If the agent is saying that the support is bent then I will pay the deductible and the insurance will cover the rest. The car has 33k miles and platinum extended warranty. they just try to get the money from other sources... jerks

·
Super Moderator
8,293 Posts
You could make them an offer to show you a new radar support, go out in the garage and compare it to the existing one. If not bent, they pay. If bent, you pay.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Had this occur for the first time today on my 2019 SV w/Premium Package. Only have 8300 miles on it so far and have had it for 11 months. Will be contacting the dealership tomorrow. Sadly I’ve had too many issues with thus vehicle since week 1...although most issues have been minor (as far as not being safety issues) but still been a huge let down when it’s happening to something not just in the first year but starting in the first week. I don’t think it’s necessarily a reflection of Muranos overall but I’ll be honest...as much as I like Nissan I’m thinking seriously about cutting my losses already and moving on from the brand. More so because of the difficulty in getting anything done with Nissan (dealer not knowing what the issue is or saying their hands are tied by how they attempt to correct based on Nissans requirements...and only seeming to get some help when I let corporate know my intentions of involving the Better Business Bureau and providing detailed documentation of each issue and occurrence). When you’re already exhausted with the many interactions in less than a year for less serious issues you don’t feel very confident in your future experiences and that’s a terrible feeling

·
Registered
857 Posts
@Kae, what issues have you been experiencing over the last 11 month with your '19?

·
Registered
130 Posts
@Kae, what issues have you been experiencing over the last 11 month with your '19?
None of my issues have been safety related thankfully but I had issues with my radio screen either staying completely blacked out or the screen will work but the sound won’t until you turn the car off for at least 20 mins (7 trips, a call to corporate, having the regional manager come look, an update,....finally a replacement only to have the issues continue). Problems with poor assembly of inside trim (took some push for them to fix), cargo area cover started drooping after a few months which currently Nissan wants to claim is normal although I never had that issue occur in my Rogues...but to be fair the Rogue didn’t have regular odd flaps that attach to the rear seat headrests (I think Nissan did a poor last minute design for the cargo cover placement or...maybe it’s always been weird like that in the Murano). Recently started noticing a slight hesitation in the transmission but it’s not consistent so of course the dealership can’t replicate so it’s the usual “the next time it happens bring it in so we can check” merry-go-round. Again, not catastrophic issues exactly but not something expected from a new car so soon and so often.

81 - 94 of 94 Posts