Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today a Nissan salesman told me that there would be a Rockford Fosgate radio option for the Murano in 2004. Later, after talking to his manager (and probably being severly scolded) he told me it wouldn't be introduced until late 2004.

Has anyone else heard this??

·
4,664 Posts
Nope, but it would be interesting to ask this of Infiniti dealers and about the Maxima.. If you hear it again (from a different dealer) then it's either a really good rumour or maybe true.

So that would mean they'd have to put a different Cassette door on the Clarion made system!

There's an accesorry idea! Different Cassette doors! Let's see, maybe I'll make mine a Marshall Stack! Or a Fender Super Reverb.

·
4,664 Posts
Linux would be good... But not the evil empire!

·
Registered
278 Posts
No Fosdick in Canadian brochure

The options for 2004 MO do not include a Fostex, Fosgate, or fuzz of any kind. Just Bows. That's Canada.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
I remember Fearless Fosdick.
Do you?

Homer
damn it's a slow day......

·
4,664 Posts
NEWS FLASH!

Here's what you'll see on the cassette door for '04!

:19:

·
4,664 Posts
You are a twisted sick individual...

We should get together for a beer.:2:

·
Registered
278 Posts
Sentra, not Murano

At the dealer last night, I saw a Sentra poster (Fosgate available). Dealer says no Fosgate for MO, "The Bose is better than the Fosgate."

·
4,664 Posts
Too funny,

I bet Nissan Marketing expects the Younger crowd they think will buy the Sentra, doesn't want the old fogy Bose system...

I bet they're both made by Clarion. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was extremely disappointed with the Bose system that came in my 2000 ML320. The sub mounted under the driver seat was boomy and unnatural sounding, with exaggerated mid bass and nonexistent low bass, and the system had virtually no highs.

This is not surprising considering the fact that the success of Bose is due to two things. First is the excellent marketing strategy of the company, and second is the near total lack of sophistication of the general public when it comes to knowing the difference between good sounding hi-fi and bloated, crappy sounding mid-fi.

If a company were to make a good sounding, plug compatible replacement for the OEM Bose equipment sold in new cars, the company would be worth it's weight in gold.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
No highs or lows? It must be BLoWse.

The Bose system is good enough for me, I'm not an audiophile. But I have heard some really good systems and blowse ain't it. Neither are the ones with so much bass or volume that it hurts your ears. Perfection is somewhere in the middle.

What I really like is that my MO doesn't go thump da thump thump down the road waking all the neighbors at night. Yes I have a pet peeve about that. Listen to whatever you like, just don't make ME listen to it. All I can say is I really identified with Bruce Willis on the last boy scout when he replied to the bad guy that told him he wanted to hear him scream before he died.

:soapbox:

·
4,664 Posts
OK, here's where we all get to run out and buy an NAB audio test CD so we can then put a an oscilloscope on the output of the Bose to make sure it's not only flat in frequency response but that the phase between the two channels in not changing with respect to frequency. Once we see the deficiencies, we either tear the Bose apart and tweak the audio stages, or do some post processing with a DSP based system to bring it back to flat and in phase. Then add new amplifiers and speakers, buy a really expensive microphone to check what's coming out and tweak the DSP to make the actual output flat when it arrives at our ears, by measuring a pink noise source.

First MO owner.. "So what do you think?"
Second MO owner "Not bad, I can definately tell it's better. How much did it cost you?"
First MO owner"Including test equipment, $12,000"
Second MO owner " Ahh hah ha ha ha ha.... Are you nuts???"
First MO owner "Yeah, but it sounds better, and that's all I care about!":eek:

I might change the tweeters up front....:p

1 - 15 of 15 Posts