Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Major Geek
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may be late to the game here, but I recently stumbled across a section of the Mercedes-Benz site where they offer up a freely downloadable and redistributable music CD. They say they change the music out every 8-10 weeks, and I first caught the 6th edition a couple weeks before the 7th edition came out. If you're like me, and enjoy an ecelctic mix of music of many styles from around the world -- basically if you don't have Nine Inch Nails or 50 Cent (UGH!) in your player, give it a spin.. you just might like it. They assume you can burn music CDs from MP3 files ;) I know there are a lot of MB owners in here (not me), but it should appeal to most of us here.

http://www3.mercedes-benz.com/mixedtape/mixedtape.html

Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Very nice. I love trying out different types of music on the BOSE.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Good find!

Nice music, too. I wonder what the previous 6 mixes were like.

·
Major Geek
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Glad you like it

The only other one I have is v6. Maybe I can host a torrent of the files. They say its totally legal to redistribute.. "share it with your friends!" Do you guys do BitTorrent? I only have 256KB up, so I need BT to share the heavy lifting.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Re: Glad you like it

EasternPA said:
The only other one I have is v6. Maybe I can host a torrent of the files. They say its totally legal to redistribute.. "share it with your friends!" Do you guys do BitTorrent? I only have 256KB up, so I need BT to share the heavy lifting.
Yes I have used BT. Please post it up! :)

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
Originally posted by Eric L. Yes I have used BT. Please post it up! :)
I usually shutdown my computer after I am done using it but to help others here, I will keep my computer on for a couple of days or so. So go ahead and post it and let us know when it is done.

Thanks!

·
Major Geek
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
try this torrent

I've never hosted a torrent before, so I activated the tracker and created a torrent.. I'll keep my Azureus up to see if you guys are hitting it.. its not really a .zip file, just trim the .zip off the name..

I'm up on AOL IM right now and same for Yahoo! IM if you prefer that network.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
I am at work so I don't really want to do it here. I will try it though for a few minutes for you to see then I will shut it down and will set it up when I get home tonight.

·
Major Geek
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I see you connected but 0 bps upload speed.. hmm :/ I've never hosted a torrent before.. I'm wondering if comcast starting farking with hosting trackers.. I keep getting multiple "likely network disconnect/reconnect" messages. If you have azureus, I can turn on the UDP support and see if that gets us going here..

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
EasternPA said:
I see you connected but 0 bps upload speed.. hmm :/ I've never hosted a torrent before.. I'm wondering if comcast starting farking with hosting trackers.. I keep getting multiple "likely network disconnect/reconnect" messages. If you have azureus, I can turn on the UDP support and see if that gets us going here..
I do have azureus but here at work I always get upload error messeges due to port 6881 not being open. And frankly, I have tried not to mess with it too much here. At home I am fine so if you can see me, let's just wait until I get home tonight. I will set it up then and we can have all the downloads we want tomorrow!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Thanks! a new one coming soon

Guys,

Thanks for the info, I downloaded it Saturday. I saw today on the cd cover that another one is due out in July... seems like the 20 something.

Chuck

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
EasternPA

Bittorent is now setup and ready to go but it is not downloading. I think something maybe wrong on your end because I have no problem downloading other torrents. Can you re-do it?

·
Major Geek
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm sure its my end since its the first torrent I've hosted. If anyone else wants to offer to host the file and has ssh access to a host, I can scp the file up somewhere. Its 92MB in size. I'll see if I can find someone to test with to get it right.. again, it could very well be Comcast intentionally breaking the tracker protocol so it may never work from here, no matter what we try.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
I have something better. The Torrent for ALL 7 mixed tapes. Found it off Isotorrent. I had to put a .zip extension on it since this site only allows certain types of uploads. Remove the .zip extension for the torrent to load properly. Enjoy!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Some of the files appear to be corrupt in the torrent I posted so beware. I was listening to a song and suddenly in the middle of it "jingle bells" came on for 5 seconds, then back to the original song. If anyone else finds something is strange with the songs, let me know. Not that I can do anything about it, as I just found the torrent.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts