Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Secret Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I was at the dealers today getting my mo serviced (faulty seat heaters). I was talking to the head tech about the service manual for my mo(2003). He took me back and let me check it out. I told him How bad I wanted the cd version, but didn't want to spend a thou getting it. He opened a drawer and produced a cd and asked if I wanted it. Hell ya. He said it would be no good to me with out the key. (something that plugs into the serial port) I took it anyway.
When I try to open the pdf's I get an error message, Authorization Failure. Does any one know how I can crack this? If I can get into this I will gladly post all of it's contents.

Attachments

·
4,601 Posts
I had a look at it, to see if there was something I could do... It's cracked, but I don't think it's quite what you had in mind...

Attachments

·
Registered
741 Posts
Look here:

http://www.keysec.it/eng/home.asp

The reason why they use a hardware key to protect their PDF files is simply because it is very hard to crack. It can be done but only on a case by case basis, so that it would cost you at least $500 to hire a topgun assembly cracker in order to break these codes.

All these PDF files are unreadable unless decrypted in memory using very strong and sophisticated algorythms that are store in the right dongle.

The CD is basically worth nothing without the dongle.

·
Super Secret Member
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Boo Hoo, So I have a really cool nissan 2003 ESM coaster.

·
5,244 Posts
Yes, you right, great coaster.

But there is a great news, you do not need to spend $500 for a code cracker guru! Just go to Nissan web page and get an "uncracked" files for just $20..........what a bargin!:D

·
4,601 Posts
You don't get the CD for $20, you get a one day subscription that allows you to view the service manuals for all the Nissans and Infinitis... (Infiniti is a different web address, but same login) While you're viewing each section in Acrobat, save it to disk, and then you can archive it on CDR for your own reference.

It's a great deal for $20!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts