Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my new Murano SL in black this week. Tints going on psgr and driver windows tomorrow. I love this vehicle in black.

My problem is that the fresh air button is lit up (orange light) all the time. I turn off the air/heat system, but the light stays on the fresh air button. There appears to be no air coming in through the vents. Is this normal for the light to stay on??? Thank you so much for your time!

Regards,
JA

·
Registered
256 Posts
Does it stay lit even with the A/C running or only when the system is off?

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
Welcome! And yes, it is normal for the fresh air light to stay on. At least it does on mine too. Fresh air is not fan forced but will enter and exit the car as the car moves.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Yes its normal for it to stay lit. I for one cannot drive without some ventilation going, else I get dizzy.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow you guys are good...

Thanks guys for the quick reply...mucho appreciated!!

As for "Does it stay lit even with the A/C running or only when the system is off?", I will have to check that on the way home. I am pretty sure that it does go off if the A/C is running.

Glad to hear someone else's light is on all the time as well. I thought to myself, if I turn OFF the system, why would a light still be on? Just weird.

Traded my Pathfinder in on this new 05 Murano and so far really like the changes. Would have bought one in 2003 if not for first year of production worries. I really like the handling. And the increased room inside the cabin compared to my Path (I'm 6'3). Looking fwd to many miles and our first road trip in one week with it.

Regards,
JA

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does fresh air come into cabin in winter?

One more thought...it might be a stupid question...but if the light stays on all the time because fresh air is coming in and keeping things from being stale, what happens in winter?? Thanks again!!

Regards,
JA

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Re: Does fresh air come into cabin in winter?

jrbanderson1 said:
One more thought...it might be a stupid question...but if the light stays on all the time because fresh air is coming in and keeping things from being stale, what happens in winter?? Thanks again!!

Regards,
JA
The airflow without turning on the fan is so insignificant, I doubt you will even notice it during the winter. You could always set the temp higher and leave it on manual with the fan off if you want the draft coming in to be warmed as well.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Many times my light is on but there's nobody home!

·
Registered
472 Posts
If you push the recycle air button the fresh air button goes off. You have the choice of one or the other.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
I love this car in black too...

Some additional information. The fresh air is always on however if while in in auto mode and you are trying to cool the MO, the fresh air will automatically turn off until the car is cooled a bit. As I recall its about the 3 or 4th fan speed line when the fresh air reopens.

Also if you have the system on recirculate (fresh air off) and press the defrost switch it will automaticallyl set back to fresh air.

Another tid bit if at any time you manually over ride the fresh air mode while in auto you can press and hold both buttons and the lights will flash when you release the fresh air/recirc will be back into auto mode. Of course pressing auto does the same thing.

There, did I confuse anyone now... I'm dizzy myself. :eek:

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
Gonzo said:
...Another tid bit if at any time you manually over ride the fresh air mode while in auto you can press and hold both buttons and the lights will flash when you release the fresh air/recirc will be back into auto mode...
I just go back to Auto by pressing the button that says Auto.....:D

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Funny but I don't. Since even when the auto light is off the system is in "semi" auto. So sometimes I want to preserve my "semi" auto state but just want to reset the recirc buttons.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Gonzo said:
I love this car in black too...

Me too, especially when clean (just washed her last night).

Maybe we should start our own "Black Mo Club". Nah, don't want to make those copperheads jealous...

Welcome to the board, JB!

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
I never use AUTO. I like to decide when the AC is on or off, and what speed I would like the fan to run at, and where I would like the air to go.

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
Gonzo said:
Funny but I don't. Since even when the auto light is off the system is in "semi" auto. So sometimes I want to preserve my "semi" auto state but just want to reset the recirc buttons.
I see. By semi auto you mean your selected mode setting? In that case I agree with you because pressing auto button will reset everything.

·
Registered
175 Posts
HuskyFan said:
If you push the recycle air button the fresh air button goes off. You have the choice of one or the other.
I wish this was the case however the recirculate option is not available in any of the defrost modes which is not particularly intuitive.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Trev said:

I wish this was the case however the recirculate option is not available in any of the defrost modes which is not particularly intuitive.
The reason for this is because in most cases, outside air is more effective in defogging the windows than recirculated air. Although I suppose one can argue that AC dried recirculated air is even more effective than outside air.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
zebelkhan said:

I see. By semi auto you mean your selected mode setting? In that case I agree with you because pressing auto button will reset everything.

Any touch of another button puts it into semi auto.

If auto is lite and you select fan speed the system will still redirect air flow and maintain temp.

If auto is lite and your select air flow the system will still control fan speed and maintain temp.

In fact the system will always maintain temp.

Do you see what I mean?

To prove this if in auto and the AC is blowing throug the vent, if you press the mode button while it is in auto with vent you would expect it to change to vent/floor. Instead after the first press it remains in vent, its not until the second press it sets to vent/floor. This is because the first press takes the airflow out of auto, then the second press you are actually selecting the flow direction.

This is what we call over engineering.

·
Registered
792 Posts
I get confused by the HVAC system in the Murano so I just roll the windows down.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts