Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Here is a true story that happened to a coworker of mine.

Your thoughts?

Should he have taken her back to the dealership?

Why wasn't this a write off as it was 21k CAD damages.

Forwarded by [email protected]
===========================

I was merging into the right lane from the middle lane of a 3 lane road.

The suv in the right lane slowed down to let me in. I was 3 quarters of the way in when some ass kid driving an 06 M3 cut the suv who let me in off and hit my rear right tire. This caused me to spin sidesways towrds thecurb. Mo took out a small cement pillar and landed on her side.
i blacked out for a sec or so, then crawled out of the passengerside as the drives side was on the ground.

I was so pissed.

Lucky the witness stayed back and gave a statement to the cop.

I had MO towed to a bodyshop.

Didn't take it back to the dealer.
(don't know why I didn't..maybe cause I thought if they knew, MO would be hard to trade in later).

Anyhow..21K CAD damage.

I felt like beating the **** out of that punk.

Getting her back tomorrow.

Do you guys think I should've taken her back to the dealership?

I thought if I did, they're probably outsource it to some other generic bodyshop. Also, they might void my warranty/note on their system that MO was hurt.

Should I trade her in now, to avoid future problems due to this accident?

BabyMO

·
Registered
243 Posts
they're going to know anyway when you trade it in when they check Carfax or equivalent.. since a police report was filled out..

take it to a full service nissan service department.. they're work is warrantied also..

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
Why Not wait and see?

NELSON said:
they're going to know anyway when you trade it in when they check Carfax or equivalent.. since a police report was filled out..

take it to a full service nissan service department.. they're work is warrantied also..
Things may turn out great, If so just move on in 3 months you may have forgotten all about it. If things are bad well evaluate then. Hard to fix a problem if there isn't one.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys,

i guess he felt that his MO will not be the same.

·
Registered
132 Posts
21K damage!?!? was it all body work? Do you have pictures?

21K? was it a 2005 or 06?

book value for a loaded 04 with very low mileage is $28k (below 30K miles)

I'd have the Ins Co to either replace it, or give me the cash. And buy a used mo, and strip the wreck and install the options in your "new" mo.

Or strip them and sell them on here ...How many people on here do you think would have wanted to buy the nav system, or the leather seats... etc. from the wreck?

I had a RX7 (1983) that was stole three times and stripped, my Ins kept writing it off as totaled and I kept buying it back from them for 15% of blue book value and repair/replace everything missing or damaged ... always ended up with a 1K left over for a sunroof, mag wheels, sound system ..etc. I spent a lot of time in junk yards :)

Junk yards are our friends, but not for the mo, never seen one in a JY ... would love to get the factory color screen and nav from a 05/06 for a fraction of the dealer's price.... maybe in a few years.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Margatenj-

You had an RX-7 that was stolen 3 times?!?! :eek:

Where do you live, the South Bronx (NYC)?!?

-njjoe

·
Registered
132 Posts
njjoe said:
Margatenj-

You had an RX-7 that was stolen 3 times?!?! :eek:

Where do you live, the South Bronx (NYC)?!?

-njjoe
first time I had "the club" on and nothing else, it was taken in less then 30 minutes... yeah and they left the club in my empty parking space :3:

second time I have a nothing but loud alarm ... I'm guessing the just ignored the alarm and hotwired it and drove away... (this happen over night parked on the street) :3: :3:

third time I had a cut-off locking valve on the fuel line, an alarm that disabled the starter, and they still took it during the day while I was at work ... they had to have towed it... :3: :3: :3:

ehhh. the forth time I didn't get it back.... :3: :3: :3: :3: :3: :3: :3:

Lovely Philadelphia is such a safe place to live.

Now I have a huge chain wrapped around my car locked to a telephone pole with 3 pitbulls inside and my "gun club" bumper sicker on the back. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts