Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Would like to remove the moldings on the front and rear bumper. Has anyone attempted this without removing the bumpers? I know some have a little screw and clips. Any way to remove them without fully removing the bumpers?

I've attached some pics.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,614 Posts
Removal of those trim pieces will leave holes in the bumpers.

Both bumpers need to be removed for access to the back side to remove fasteners and molding clips.

Best bet would probably be to do a color match with vinyl wrap or black them out with a dip or spray.

Have a good day.

Reactions: maximumsport

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Removal of those trim pieces will leave holes in the bumpers.

Both bumpers need to be removed for access to the back side to remove fasteners and molding clips.

Best bet would probably be to do a color match with vinyl wrap or black them out with a dip or spray.

Have a good day.
I apologize, I wasn’t clear in my first post. I have to replace those trim moldings as I picked up the midnight version in black of those parts.

So I guess I have to remove the bumpers to access the screws.

BTW Paul. Great videos on YouTube of the removal and installation of the rear bumper. Want to do one for the front bumper?? 😁

·
Super Moderator
1,614 Posts
I apologize, I wasn’t clear in my first post. I have to replace those trim moldings as I picked up the midnight version in black of those parts.

BTW Paul. Great videos on YouTube of the removal and installation of the rear bumper. Want to do one for the front bumper?? 😁
Thanks. I've only removed the grill, not the whole front bumper. I do know from looking, that you do have to remove the grill first before removing the front bumper itself.

Download the FSM pdf for the body. It shows all the clip locations and clips that need to be released that aren't visible to the eye. Saved me tons of headache having blown-up diagrams to look at showing clip locations and styles. Sometimes the descriptions below the diagrams will give instructions on how a clip actually releases and in what direction to pull to release them.

Good luck. Since you're removing the front bumper, video the removal and post it. I'm sure it will help others.

Have a good day.

·
Registered
17 Posts

If you don't mind, where did you get the Midnight edition of the trim pieces?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Pretty much find a Midnight Edition VIN in your year and trim. Gather all the part numbers. Then I just went online and searched for the best pricing by part number.
Since that isn't an option I'll need to determine if the Midnight Editions parts on 2022 SV will fit on a 2021 SV.
Quotes to paint all the chrome black and color match the door handles and calipers are coming out at about $5k.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Since that isn't an option I'll need to determine if the Midnight Editions parts on 2022 SV will fit on a 2021 SV.
Quotes to paint all the chrome black and color match the door handles and calipers are coming out at about $5k.

I just went through this. What I can tell you is They do fit.

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Not my preference, but nicely executed!

I think all the chrome looks better on lighter colored Muranos, it stands out too much on darker colors.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Looking good.
Is it all replaced trim or is some of it wrapped/painted? What did you use for the door handles?
Any plans to do the calipers?

Thanks again
Plasti Dip - Wheels and Chrome around the windows. The rest are replacement OEM Midnight Edition parts.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Here’s my completed Platinum Midnight Edition look.
Have you thought about doing away with the lower-front spoiler/air dam? I feel it's too low and not in keeping with any fluid lines of the car's lower portion. Also, it gets in the way when trying to look under the front of the car at things. Forces me to use the floor jack a lot. I plan to remove it this week. I think the frontend will look meatier, meanier and sleeker without it, plus I gain more ground clearance. They should've created a more substantial, 3D-like spoiler that bulged outward with long, right triangles that mimic the rear quarters.

·
Administrator
9,763 Posts
Have you thought about doing away with the lower-front spoiler/air dam? I feel it's too low and not in keeping with any fluid lines of the car's lower portion. Also, it gets in the way when trying to look under the front of the car at things. Forces me to use the floor jack a lot. I plan to remove it this week. I think the frontend will look meatier, meanier and sleeker without it, plus I gain more ground clearance. They should've created a more substantial, 3D-like spoiler that bulged outward with long, right triangles that mimic the rear quarters.
Of course you can remove it. All that action will do is reduce your gas mileage. Seems like a price to pay, especially in highway driving.

Reactions: MuranoSL2003
1 - 15 of 15 Posts