Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For 3 weeks I have been trying to get a front passenger side seal for a AWD 2005 . This is the seal that when you remove the axle that is exposed. I have tried Nissan, 3 fails. Tried Oriellys, 3 fails. Bumper to Bumper, 3 fails. Now I have order from Parts Geek . Am I going to have to scrap a perfectly good car over a seal ? Surely I am not the only one to run into this . Please anyone have a good parts number ?

·
Registered
496 Posts
They have either been to small or to large. The national seal 710634 has to large of an OD .
You're talking about the transfer case output shaft seal that the RH axle goes into, correct? The Nissan OEM part number is 33142-4N200: 2005 Nissan Murano Transfer Case - Nissan Parts Deal

The National seal referenced above appears to be the transmission output shaft seal (i.e. the one on the CVT facing the transfer case). Interestingly, RockAuto shows two available parts for the front TC output shaft seal (...search under "Drivetrain") and they both look completely different. The National seal (710918) doesn't look like an output shaft seal and the alternate OEM part numbers comport to the internal pinion seal. The SKF seal (23210A) looks like an output shaft seal, but you said the National seal cited in the previous post is about the same outer diameter: SKF Vehicle aftermarket - vsm.skf.com

You may have to go OEM. When you say that Nissan failed, are you talking about local dealerships or did you try the online parts dealers (e.g. like the link above)?

·
Registered
161 Posts
They have either been to small or to large. The national seal 710634 has to large of an OD .
Gotcha. Have you been to the dealer? Give them your VIN and they should be able to find the right one. When I pulled my FWD axles I went to the dealer and got both seals, was like 10-20 each, not much. I have to replace the driver's side axle and ordered a Timken, its made in Japan so likely the same as the dealer part.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
There is absolutely no need to replace the right/passenger side axle seal if you are changing your awd right cv axle. (Unless there is a leak of course). You only remove the old axle up to the mid support. You leave the other half going in to the transfer case untouched including the mid support. If you removed the mid support and the axle going into the TC, you will need to drain the TC because cross contamination of the cvt fluid and tc fluid will happen. If you did not do this there are no seals to replace.

Post a pic of your issue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am sorry if this make someone mad , but if you haven't had this very problem then don't comment . I have given my serial number to route 66 Nissan in Tulsa. They had 3 shots , all wrong . I am 73 and have been a mechanic for 50 yrs .All the other ago parts place are the same story. Thanks for trying to help but believe me I have already tried all mentioned .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts