Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Ö¿Ö
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I would like to ask how hard is it to install? can i do it myself at home. I talked to the dealer and they wants to charge 160 for the tube and an additional 190 for installation. They said something about have to take the front bumper off. Is this true?

Thanks.
hnk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Front Tube Instalation

To your question how difficult it is, I would say not very difficult, the right side is more work then left one, due to the windshield tank, you will need to take front mod flops, overall it took me about hour and a half.The whole thing would be so much easier and faster if I would have a garage with a lift,anyways it is not that bad.Good Luck!!

Also, definetly not worth $190.00, $50-75 maybe, but not $190.00

·
Registered
28 Posts
iiiwabibitoiii said:
Hi,

I would like to ask how hard is it to install? can i do it myself at home. I talked to the dealer and they wants to charge 160 for the tube and an additional 190 for installation. They said something about have to take the front bumper off. Is this true?

Thanks.
hnk
Do not pay anyone to do this

It took me less than an hour. You will scratch your hands up a bit, but its easy..

Its 8 bolts total.

The instructions that come with it are good.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Sounds like the dealer wants to charge you 1.5 hours. That's not totally unrealistic all things considered. You could probably do it in 1-2 hours your self and save the money, but the same is true for any 1-2 hour job, there is nothing special about the bumper bar (and no you don't have to pull the bumper).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts