Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen the tube bar installed "in person" (ie. other than on the web)? I had a push bar on my 99 Pathfinder and it more than paid for itself in parking lots -- people who don't know how close to park to your front end. Admittedly, I liked the look of the PF's push bar but it was much more "substantial" than the Murano's. I want to get it, primarily for the parking lot scenarios, though of course for the appearance also. I'd just like to hear any opinions on the appearance (and ease of installation, if anyone has done it themselves). Thanx.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi,

I was also interested in the bumper guard but haven't seen on in person. The salesman said it's an option the may require installation by the service dept which would cost $$. I was wondering if it's a simple bolt and can be a do it yourself project. The price (for the part) seems reasonable but not sure how sturdy the guard would be.

They may not even be available yet. I order the cross bars for the roof rack and the Nissan parts dept placed the order along with mats etc. Had to prepay for the parts order. Got a call the parts were in. But, when I went to pick them up, the parts guy told me that the cross rails are not available yet and they would have to credit my account. :cry: I don't understand why they don't know if a parts not available??

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Glfingbug, your dealership is BS'ing you. I ordered my roof rack cross rails about 3 weeks ago and they came in about 4 days after I ordered them. Whatever you do, do NOT pay them to "install" them. They're simple to put on -- trust me, if I can do it, ANYONE can do it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
i really don't think it's worth it for a 3 inch black tube that moulded to the muranos front bumper. i suggest you wait a little longer until the real accesories for the murano hit the market. then there will be a great selection of stuff and brush gaurds. just my 2 cents.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts