Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The pre-owned Mo I recently bought no longer had the cup holder insert for the front (kind of a donut looking thing that you can flip upside down to hold smaller drinks in place). Drinks kind of slosh around in there right now unless they're movie sized.

I asked my friendly neighborhood parts department and the manager assured me with confidence the part didn't exist.

Aside from going back to the other Mo and stealing the thing, can anyone help me with a part number? (Please, god, don't tell me I need to buy an entire cup holder assembly).

TIA.

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
Boxty said:
I have an '05 and the cup holder has a spring-loaded flap that is used to accomodate small and large containers. It is nothing like what you describe. Sorry.

-njjoe

·
Registered
46 Posts
I know what your talking about but the only thing I can find is the whole assembly for $101 kind of alot for the little ring! Its in the side closest to the driver seat and has a hole in it and you stick your finger in it and pull up rite?

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Boxty said:
The pre-owned Mo I recently bought no longer had the cup holder insert for the front (kind of a donut looking thing that you can flip upside down to hold smaller drinks in place). Drinks kind of slosh around in there right now unless they're movie sized.

I asked my friendly neighborhood parts department and the manager assured me with confidence the part didn't exist.

Aside from going back to the other Mo and stealing the thing, can anyone help me with a part number? (Please, god, don't tell me I need to buy an entire cup holder assembly).

TIA.
Maybe if you post a pic of the area you're talking about (point to it) maybe I can help. I'm drawing a blank.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Are you talking about the insert at the
bottom of the cup holder?

Sorry for two post, the IMG tag is turned off in the forum, currently.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am in the same position I dont have the inserts for the vehicle I purchased either.

They are mentioned in the owners manual on 2-29 for the 2004 so not sure why you would be told they dont exist. Could print out a copy of it from the knowledge base here to get a part number

My cupholders look a little different then wa4qfy's though.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Insert Photo

Here is a picture of the insert for a 2006.
I assume this is the item that is missing.

Click on Images for large view.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
wa4qfy, the 2006 appears to be different.

Here is what I'm looking at, one side is deeper than the other. there is an insert that levels the cupholders or you can flip it upside down to hold smaller drinks.

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
Boxty said:
wa4qfy, the 2006 appears to be different.

Here is what I'm looking at, one side is deeper than the other. there is an insert that levels the cupholders or you can flip it upside down to hold smaller drinks.
Boxty-

That is definitely different from the 2005 and 2006 MOs. My guess is the flipable insert was only used on the 2003 and 2004 MOs.

You might want to try a salvage yard.

-njjoe

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Wiprunner said:
I am in the same position I dont have the inserts for the vehicle I purchased either.

They are mentioned in the owners manual on 2-29 for the 2004 so not sure why you would be told they dont exist.
There is no `they.' The piece you are missing is a singular piece of plastic. The owner's manual shows both sides that one piece - one side for smaller drinks and the other (when you flip it over) for larger drinks.

I'll try to post a picture of it later when I have more time. We drink coffee a lot in our MO, and have NEVER used that piece once in the 4+ years we've had our 04 SE. IMO, it's useless - likely why the one from your car got pitched. That would be the only logical reason one would have removed it from the interior of the car (other than to take a picture of it, as mine is now sitting on my computer desk).

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
Boxty-

If you are intent on obtaining the insert you might want to consider posting a request in the classified section of this forum. Someone with a 2004 MO may be willing to part with his if he is not using it.

-njjoe

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
njjoe said:
My guess is the flipable insert was only used on the 2003 and 2004 MOs.
My 2004 also has the spring loaded flip down thingy. There is nothing else for me to flip over so smaller cups do tend to move around a bit.

Maybe 2004 SE was different from 2004 SL?

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
It looks to me like the 03-04 MO's had the different front cup holder assembly when compared to the 05-07 MO's. I've driven both the 03 & 04 MO and both of them had that little insert that you could remove to put a taller cup in.

I think the intent of the design was to be able to successfully put two drinks into the front cup holder without having them tip eachother over. Ever tried to put two drinks in the front holder? IF so...you know what i'm talking about, they don't stand up straight.

Removing the left insert will lower the left drink and allow the right drink to stand up. ELEMENTARY MY DEAR WATSON! :D

Either way, if you're looking for the insert only, then I would take your request to the dealership and talk their price down. I was unabel to find it on www.courtesyparts.com or www.worldpartsexpress.com.

Good luck!

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
I spoke too quickly...

I did find the cup holder assembly but it didn't show the insert you're looking for. Maybe ti comes as a whole assembly with the insert included.

Here's what you'll find on www.worldpartsexpress.com:

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
I was just curious if these inserts will fit my cupholder on my 2006 MO? I found them on ebay ... but they are advertised as parts of Pathfinder/Xterra.

I think the dealers/owners are making money by removing them and sell them separately. Like its happening with the ones who receive only one intelligent key from the dealer :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Here is what he's looking for.
My '03's cup holder is "tiered"; one side is deeper than the other side. By placing this insert into the deeper side; it makes both sides even.
I've never used this; it's been sitting in the bottom of my arm rest compartment.
PM me if you want it.
John.

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
On my 2006 Murano, the cup holder is too loose ... and every time I'm putting a cup inside it ... is moving like crazy when I turn.

That's why I was considering buying an insert.

My cup holder assembly looks like in the attached image.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
About this Discussion
23 Replies
13 Participants
Pilgrim
Nissan Murano Forum
We’re a community dedicated to Nissan Murano owners and enthusiasts. Discuss specs, safety rating, towing capacity and more!
Full Forum Listing