Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Look at what I came up with at Crutchfield.com

The DVD player is mounted under the glove box. Perfect placement. Easy access and very un-obtrusive. Weeeeeee

It is RF modulated through the FM radio. Just wish there was a AUX input on the radio. Now I have SAT radio, I just need SAT TV... hehe

Guess what movie?

I know, the cops might give me grief, but I don't tend to watch it while I am driving. I'm too safety concious for that.

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
Finding Nemo! You must have some kids riding in there!
Pretty cool setup. I would be worried about the cops, but like you said, you dont watch it while you're moving...pretty cool!

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
now what you need is a gps setup..

since u already have the lcd right?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3 Posts
That's nice, I am looking into a monitor as well. I already put Eclipse subs in the back in a custom box. I am think of puttin an Alpine flip out monitor in the same spot. The flip out should come in handy when not in use it recesses back into the DIN sized unit. Oh yeah I don't have kids and I own Nemo

·
Registered
95 Posts
That's A cool setup!! Do you know if there is a DVD/GPS setup??? The GPS setup would be benificial in the front and the flexiability to have DVD compatability. Do you know if crutchfield has such a setup??? I would be inclinded to have a setup like yours since your average GPS system cost on average $600.00+

Thanks Rich

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Phone and DVD player

PHONE:

The phone is a Pro-Fit unit I got from a local phone carrier here in AZ. It tucks in nicely behind the panel, so if it is removed, it does not leave a hole. I actually had to adapt it to fit the left side. It is made specifically for the Murano on the right side.

GPS:

The monitor can be used as a GPS display. I have not purchased a GPS unit for it since I have a portable voice imput unnit that I am using, that does not have a screen. I am sure in teh future I will get a touch screen for the GPS and move the current screen to the back of the center copnsole. I will also try to remember to take pictures of the DVD player installation.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Hey Matt if you are interested there are some instructions on hard diring in the radar detector (assuming that is what the cord is for).

Pretty simple to do.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Which wire did you tap into.... I was gonna use the organge for the rear view mirror.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I used the map light lead (+). I don't remember the color. It is kinda kool. It thinks the maps light has been left on, so it turns off a few minutes after you leave the car, and turns on the radar when you unlock the car.

It is nice when you are in-and-out of the car allot, the radar does not go through it's start-up chirping when you get back in after being gone a short time.

·
Registered
27 Posts
What type of DVD unit is it and what kind of LCD display?

It looks great.

:cool:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Great info. Thanks so much.

kga:)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Any thoughts on doing some kind of flip-fold version of the same LCD screen so that it's not just sitting out for would-be thieves?

i.e. the screen when upright would be in the same place, but would flip down and then slide toward the windshield like an in-dash DIN unit. Would need a heat-resistant and vented enclosure for the sun above in summer and the heat/defrost vent below in winter.

The enclosure would need to be the same color or similar to the dash so as not to raise the suspicion that there was a big ol' LCD in there...

if you guys have a solution I've got [limited] cash =0)

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Funny you mention that. That was one idea I played with for a while. I amy still do it and move teh current screen to the back. It was just so cheap to do it the way I did.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Matt how did you go about wiring that screen? It looks like you didn't use the headrest piece that came with the monitor. Anyway you could post instructions with pics?? :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts