Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been seriously looking at a way to protect the front end from bugs,rocks,etc.

I have looked at a convential bras. clear bras and a bug deflector.

After a week of ownership, the only mark so far is high on the hood so a bug deflector probably would have stopped that.

Opinions and experiences please.

Dave

·
Registered
46 Posts
whatsup said:
I have been seriously looking at a way to protect the front end from bugs,rocks,etc.

I have looked at a convential bras. clear bras and a bug deflector.

After a week of ownership, the only mark so far is high on the hood so a bug deflector probably would have stopped that.

Opinions and experiences please.

Dave
I just bought and installed a Colgan 2-pc mask on my 05 MO. As with my 02 Maxima, the Colgan fits like a glove and it's thicker than most other masks (including OEM masks). Colgan really is the best.

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
do a search. Lots of info already discussed. I have StonGard installed on mine, and several pictures listed on one of the threads.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I think Colgan is your answer for front end protection. Ive had my Colgan for a few months now. It fits perfect . To protect the hood better you might want to consider the T-style bra. It does a nice job. You can see what it looks like by going to the galleries and I have posted pictures of the bra there. :7:

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
I like my Weathertech deflector. Protects well, and fits like a charm. Plus it's almost invisible on a Black MO.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
After two years of driving in the midst of a construction boom here in SW Florida, interspersed with 80MPH trips to OK-TX and the great Northeast, I have NO chips or scratches on my Murano.

(Not even on the sides! But that is caused by the fact that I park WAY past the place where other Muranos park........;) )

I use the Ultrashield Invisible Bra.

You can't see it, but it works for you every day.
I have it on the front of the hood (covers back about 18"), the lower front end, the back of the external rear view mirrors, and the head lights.

I also used it as a transparent Rear Bumper Protector and the story is the same.
Despite loading and unloading many suitcases, boxes and other paraphernalia over the top of the bumper, there are NO scratches.

THis stuff really works.

Homer

·
Registered
982 Posts
hfelknor said:

(Not even on the sides! But that is caused by the fact that I park WAY past the place where other Muranos park........;) )

Homer
I also park far away or try to always use an end spot and hug the corner tight. But here is a funny story...

I came out of my gym once and this guy who parks his corvette all the way at the back end of parking lot by itself, up against the main road where no one else parks, was parked there again. This time though... there was another car crashed into it. I guess the car flew off the main road and jumped over curb into the parking lot into his vette, destroyed it, badly. I have always thought to myself since then that you are never safe anywhere you park. I still think it is funny / ironic... he parked far away so nothing would happend to his vette... and it gets hit anyway. Sucks... but funny.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts