Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Front windscreen fogging, a/c drain not dripping moisture, drain not blocked and front floor saturated. Can anyone help?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Be careful when removing the front pillar trim, you can accidentally pull some of the air bag straps which makes your airbag light go on.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Be careful when removing the front pillar trim, you can accidentally pull some of the air bag straps which makes your airbag light go on.
Tomomon thanks for that, finally managed to put the drain pipe back in the grommet on the firewall took the top connector off the ecu and got my hand up and pushed it back in. Bit of a design fault there pipe not really long enough. How do you get airbag light off, it came on previously by itself?

·
Registered
857 Posts
Curious, does rainwater only get into the sunroof drains if the sunroof is open during rain? Or does water somehow get past the closed sunroof's seals?

·
Registered
931 Posts
Curious, does rainwater only get into the sunroof drains if the sunroof is open during rain? Or does water somehow get past the closed sunroof's seals?
When closed and sealed properly, most of the water is from condensation on the inside.

If you're experiencing an abnormal amount of water running down the drain tubes (You can hear water flowing with the radio off going thru a car wash.) check the sunroof seals and the glass piece itself, while open in both positions. It is very easy for a small piece of debris (small pine needle) to get stuck to the seal/glass, giving water a path inside. Check the seals/glass thoroughly both with your eyes and gently with your fingers.

Oh, and if you have one of those sunroof wind guards, take it off. It hold debris, which when you open your sunroof falls right into the water catch channels, flowing down and plugging the drains. Also, from experience, those wind guards do more damage then good, debris in sunroof, wind turbulence causes it to rub the body paint off under the seal, and it really doesn't cut the noise or air down any more then that which can be controlled by the sunroof itself. If you're using it as a rain guard while driving, you're just asking for water issues.

Sunroof should NEVER be opened when raining, even when it's "sprinkling". The Murano is designed as a "sealed cabin" and as such should not be driven/parked with the windows/sunroof open when raining. This is not a "open cabin" jeep, designed to actually be submerged and keep on running.

Have a good day.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Thanks PaulDay, that was very informative!

I've had sunroofs since 1978, and have never experience a leak from one. I was wondering if the people who experience a problem drove around with the roof open or back tilted up during rain/drizzle or something. I always thought the seal around the sunroof should be sufficient for keeping most water out, your condensation explanation makes sense. Also, your explanation about of how stuff can get in and clog the drains makes great sense too!

Reactions: Pilgrim

·
Registered
931 Posts
Thanks PaulDay, that was very informative!

I've had sunroofs since 1978, and have never experience a leak from one. I was wondering if the people who experience a problem drove around with the roof open or back tilted up during rain/drizzle or something. I always thought the seal around the sunroof should be sufficient for keeping most water out, your condensation explanation makes sense. Also, your explanation about of how stuff can get in and clog the drains makes great sense too!
If you've had a car with a sunroof for many years and the car is parked outside, the sunroof seals and the glass where they meet should be cleaned yearly.

Every rainstorm drives the dirt on the roof down into the crack formed by the sunroof opening, where the dirt builds up and can effect the sealing of the sunroof. I make cleaning it part of my yearly spring going over the cars routine.

Have a good day.

Reactions: MuranoSL2003
1 - 9 of 9 Posts