Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,
I will be calling my dealership as soon as possible because of a problem up front on the MO...It has been raining for the past few days and i noticed this just after MO went through a car wash...the grill appears to have water on it that wont leave, its like a bubble between a clear layer of film and the grill its self that wont come out, if you squeeze it just moves around in different directions like a bubble..I know this sounds weird, but if you try to picture it, you might understand what im talking about. Anyone else out with this problem?:(

·
NO-MO-SNOW
891 Posts
Never had/heard of this problem...let us know how it turns out. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Perhaps remote, but is it just possible that there is still some protective clear plastic film that has been left on the grill and was not removed by the dealer before delivery? I know there was some left on the brushed aluminum pieces which I had to remove.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I had a similar problem with my Mo, the dealer actually noticed it (I'm not kidding) and ordered a replacement grill for me. Almost made me have faith in my fellow man again.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I saw this problem on a used Murano. There was a bubble under the chrome plating lika a blister.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I had the same issue...I never noticed it...Had it at the dealer a few months ago and when they were washing it they noticed it...ordered me a new grill.....

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the Replies folks,
I phoned the dealer today and before i was even finished describing the problem, a new grill was ordered. Its actually quite a strange to have a problem like this but i guess it is somewhat common? or not?

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Let's put it this way, it is not uncommon.

"Chromed Plastic" is not a foolproof technique. Everybody has "some" problems with it.

uh. you did realize it was plastic I hope..............:eek:

Homer

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
haha, Yes I did realize it was plastic...I just didn't know a problem like this could ever occur! :(

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
Tell them to credit the cost of the replacement and apply it toward a "Billet Grill" and since they have one grill to replace that should include putting in the Billet instead. Grip :D

http://www.courtesyparts.com/murano/index.html

·
Registered
541 Posts
doubt they would do that since they charge nissan for replacing it

1 - 11 of 11 Posts