Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
The front head light rh is pointing higher than the lh. It is normal? Should I adjust it? How is it done?
Murano iii gen 2016
Thank you

·
Registered
524 Posts
This is common and the way our car is setup. The reason for this is to allow you to light up street signs on your right side and not blind the oncoming cars on your left side.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Cars in US (and Canada?) have symmetrical headlights. Europe has asymmetrical headlights.

·
Registered
55 Posts
There are adjustment screws on the headlight. I’m assuming based on your question that you never did this before so I would not recommend you to do this without any guidance. If you miss align them you can really blind oncoming traffic. That said the dealer will gladly align them to spec for you. Also here is a little guide on how to aim the headlights.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is common and the way our car is setup. The reason for this is to allow you to light up street signs on your right side and not blind the oncoming cars on your left side.

snaptube vidmate

·
Registered
91 Posts
I had this HID Setup on my 2004Maxima. While the was no issue with opposing traffic, there was major issues for vehicles which I'm behind, especially when my trunk was loaded. I had people angry at me and tried to run me off the road (or giving me the finger). For a long time I didn't really realized why.
Until I traded the car with my wife's Murano for a day. A car was following me on the way home. Its lights was so obnoxiously bright. Every time it bounced, just like it flashed the high-beam. I was cursing (in my head) all the way to my driveway. And that "thing" followed me onto my driveway @[email protected]!$#!^???? Haha, it was my Max. So, the next three new cars ... no HID.

·
Registered
758 Posts
My '03 Murano had a roller switch on the lower left dash to control the height of my HID headlights. I could see the light level line of my headlights clearly on the vehicle in front of me, and adjusted the aim lower with success. However, I never had a heavy trunk load at night...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts