Nissan Murano Forum banner

Front license plate issue

3K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  CopperKat 
#1 ·
I live in California, and (just noticed) that my Murano doesn't have a front license plate. There is not even a place to put it. The law in California requires drivers to have front & back tags. So my question is: (For those in Cali) Am I required to drill holes in my Murana to place a tag, or is there an alternative way?

Thanks in advance.

#3 ·
The dealer must not have prepared your Murano. The front plate holder is stored in the left hidden well of the car. When I bought my 06 last week it was late and they told me to bring the car back the next day to be checked out. They had mentioned that part of the process is to check the fluid levels, install the front plate etc....

#4 ·
Jaquio-

Don't even waste your time. Let the dealer do it. That way if something goes wrong the dealer is obligated to correct it.

-njjoe

#7 ·
Did you buy your car used? This does not make sense unless you bought it used. I originally elected not to install the front plate on my MO and stored the second plate in the rear storage compartment. Look over there for the plate and the bracket. If you cannot find it, then report it to DMV and request another set as you don't want someone else driving around with your other plate.

#8 ·
They tried to put that plate holder on my 04. I say NOOOO!
Not required here but they would have had my MO as a rolling billboard with the Dealer logo. If you look close, there are some dimples on the bumper where the screws will go through. Look really close and you will see them. I love the lines without that plate but if you have to have it, you have to have it.

#9 ·
What are the laws for vehicles coming from a single plate state driving in a dual plate state (for like a visit, not permanent)?

Do single plate states still ship two license plates for every vehicle?

#11 ·
Not that I enjoy making fun of car dealers but isn't it a bit strange that a car dealer procures two license plates for a new car and only puts one on the car? Where is the other plate? Did they keep it as a spare??

If the State of California requires both a front and rear license plate I would say it is a safe bet the state government only issues them in pairs. SO WHAT HAPPENED TO THE OTHER PLATE!! Do they have a stack of "front" license plates sitting in a back room somewhere?

OK, let's give the dealer benefit of the doubt. Maybe the serviceman just forgot to put on the plate. And maybe the guy who fills in the dealer's prep list didn't notice the plate was missing. And maybe the salesman who did the final walk-around inspection didn't notice the plate was not installed. Hmmm. I wonder what else they forgot.

-njjoe

#12 ·
Eric L. said:
What are the laws for vehicles coming from a single plate state driving in a dual plate state (for like a visit, not permanent)?

Do single plate states still ship two license plates for every vehicle?
Well just visiting your ok but after the same police person sees you multiple times expect to get pulled over. Well ocifer I been meaning to get down there but the lines are so loooong...:rolleyes:

Well not sure what you mean by ship, when you go down to DMV you get one plate. But the cars come from the factory with the ability to mount a front plate holder, the dealer has to install it if it's in a 2 plate state. Some dealers in single plate states have messed up and installed the holders when it wasn't necessary, greatly upsetting the customers. That was one of the things I checked with Regal on the Z to make sure when it came in that they didn't goof it up. Luckily, they never do and know better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.