Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting an 2006 Murano very soon... is there a way to attach the front plate without drilling holes on the bumper?

·
5,244 Posts
yes, glue this on

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
fireball-

Depending on your creativity and mechanical aptitude you may be able to attach a license plate frame to the black vertical "fins" in the opening under the upper bumper. That would put the plate just a few inches below it's normal mounting height.

You'd have to rig a set of standoffs from the "fins" to a backing plate to which you would then mount the license plate. It is feasible and the standoffs would be all but hidden by the plate itself.

You can get all of the hardware from a local hardware store and the license plate backing plate from an auto parts store. Or send me a two-way ticket and I'll do it for free.

-njjoe

·
Registered
92 Posts
When I bought mine last month the dealership gave me a mount thing that you put on the front. I don't remember seeing any screws but we don't have front plates so I just threw it in the garage somewhere. There may be a way to mount that thing without screwing it in.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the offer, njjoe... but too late, my 06 Murano is already here.

The front plate mounting board was already drilled on (ouch!)... and I found out two things: that our dealership is required to attach the front plates; and that daytime running lights are now mandatory.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I'd like daytime running lights, i think I get an insurance break for having them. My last Tacoma had it but this doesn't. I wonder if there is a way to put in other bulbs or wire something differently.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts