Nissan Murano Forum banner

41 - 60 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
So far everyone seems to be getting them fixed. Sure beats the heck out of Ford blowing people off on defective power steering racks for the last 10 years; and coming off the assembly line like that.

I had a ‘13 and ‘15 Mustang and both were defective. Ford replaces the first one and said the second on was “normal”.

And don’t get me started on my Hondas. Junk.

The more complicated cars get, the more defects, recalls, etc. are going to happen.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2018 Nissan Murano Front Radar Obstruction

My dealer is waiting for Nissan Corporate to identify and fix the problem. It has been over a few months and still no fix. It is a a nasty distraction when trying to change lanes on the freeway and have the beep and message appear.
I decided to log a formal complaint on the Nissan Consumer affairs website today. I encourage others to the same. The more written complaints the faster the fix. You can locate the "Contact Us" link on the NissanUSA website.

·
Registered
32 Posts
My 2018 is 7 months old and I have never had this issue. I just returned from a 4000+ road trip and the cruise control ran perfectly. Took a little getting used to because at first I didn’t trust it, but got used to it over time.

Last weekend we did have a wet sloppy snow and I did get a warning it was blocked/disabled. Stopped to eat and in the 30 minutes I was stopped the snow melted off and I didn’t get the warning again.
This has been my experience. It has only happened during a couple snow storms....so far. Have a 2015 Platinum.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My post yesterday on a similar thread:

This is a defective radar sensor that Nissan has known about for the last 2+ years. The part, supplied by Bosch, was noted in an article in Digital Trends in September 2018 (search Google). If affects more than just the Muranos.

As for me. My part failed on my new 2018 Murano last May (car was 3 months old). It was replaced (after a few weeks waiting for the back ordered part) and all was well until October. Then the new part failed as well. Same symptoms as noted here: no reason for failure, cuts out the ACC, then resets after a few minutes. Then it does it again! When I took the car in for service again, it did in fact return the proper error message confirming the known issue. And that's when Nissan instructed the dealer to TAKE NO FURTHER ACTION pending the outcome of a corporate "engineering review." No date for completion of this review is provided. No workarounds are available. So my brand new car "beeps" at me every 5-10 minutes regardless of weather or road conditions. I am also driving a car effectively without cruise control for the first time in 30 years!

North Carolina has a lemon law. However, Nissan seems to have found a way around it. By forcing the customer to wait for their "engineering review" to be completed, and by instructing the dealer to take no action, they get around the conditions that trigger the law from taking effect (i.e., number of days the car is in service, etc.). Neat trick.

Joe

·
Registered
10 Posts
2015 murano platinum

This has been my experience. It has only happened during a couple snow storms....so far. Have a 2015 Platinum.
So you must live up here in the north country where we get snow and ice often ! So are you advising not to get a 2015 murano platinum? I am looking at an arctic blue matalic one tomorrow and I liven in CT and I currently have an 05 and have grown fond of it but its time to upgrade to either a newer one or just a different vehicle.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I am in MD.

Not advising against. Just saying that the few times I have had that issue arise, it was during heavy snow where the sensor was interfered with. I have not had the issue otherwise. Others seem to be having a more serious problem. I think it has happened to me twice since Dec 2014 and both times involved heavy snow.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I’ve only had it go off once and it was during a snow storm. As soon as the snow melted off, it was fine. Apparently some units either have internal electronic fault or these units are very sensitive to catching road debris that is causing premature failure.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can the AEB be turned off?

I was looking at a 2018 new Murano and encountered the issue in the test drive thankfully. I noticed looking through some of the systems that they can be turned off. Those features are not a requirement for me. Can you eliminate the annoyance factor by turning off the front radar, AEB, and/or adaptive cruise control?

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had a Altima and the front radar only went into error or fault mode when snow & ice covered the front end.... now with my 2017 Maxima it'll be dry & sunny, cars around or not, moving or stopped, the error appears once a drive or 5 times, no rhyme or reason. My last service appointment, the dealer checked the system and found nothing wrong....I took some screen shots of my dash with the fault indicator on and return to Nissan next week. I've got the top of the line extended warranty which hasn't been used up until now... but hopefully they'll look after the problem without me having to do battle with them....I appreciate all the posts with similar issues, so I won't let them off the hook... thanks everyone!

My post yesterday on a similar thread:

This is a defective radar sensor that Nissan has known about for the last 2+ years. The part, supplied by Bosch, was noted in an article in Digital Trends in September 2018 (search Google). If affects more than just the Muranos.

As for me. My part failed on my new 2018 Murano last May (car was 3 months old). It was replaced (after a few weeks waiting for the back ordered part) and all was well until October. Then the new part failed as well. Same symptoms as noted here: no reason for failure, cuts out the ACC, then resets after a few minutes. Then it does it again! When I took the car in for service again, it did in fact return the proper error message confirming the known issue. And that's when Nissan instructed the dealer to TAKE NO FURTHER ACTION pending the outcome of a corporate "engineering review." No date for completion of this review is provided. No workarounds are available. So my brand new car "beeps" at me every 5-10 minutes regardless of weather or road conditions. I am also driving a car effectively without cruise control for the first time in 30 years!

North Carolina has a lemon law. However, Nissan seems to have found a way around it. By forcing the customer to wait for their "engineering review" to be completed, and by instructing the dealer to take no action, they get around the conditions that trigger the law from taking effect (i.e., number of days the car is in service, etc.). Neat trick.

Joe

·
Registered
2 Posts
defective radar sensor

That sucks that Nissan knows about the defective radar sensor issue and won't replace the system, I'm going to see if Canada has different approach. It is really annoying when the cruise shuts off on dry sunny days... my Altima never had issues, so getting my new Maxima last year was a wake up call for me!:eek:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Our 2018 Platinum is doing this also and it seems to be getting progressively worse. 4000kms now. Every trip at least 1 or two times. We have only phoned in to service and the service advisor said to wash the car. LOL. We have been logging occurrences
now and will be taking it in soon. Hopefully we can advise of the latest solution, if there is one. We are in Calgary, Alberta.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Our 2018 Platinum is doing this also and it seems to be getting progressively worse. 4000kms now. Every trip at least 1 or two times. We have only phoned in to service and the service advisor said to wash the car. LOL. We have been logging occurrences
now and will be taking it in soon. Hopefully we can advise of the latest solution, if there is one. We are in Calgary, Alberta.
You might want to take a look at this thread.

https://www.nissanmurano.org/forums/121-3rd-gen-2015/218914-forward-collision-warning-fails-4.html

Seems 90% of these errors are being resolved by replacing the front sensor and reprograming the system, seems it's a little too sensitive.

Best to document the incident with a photo of the error when it pops up, or at least a photo of the little two cars crashing in orange.

Have a good day.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2018 SL and had the same issue.
Told the service department about it and they said they cleared a code, wiped off the sensor and test drove it. All fixed.
Of course it wasn't and it triggered on my way home.
Decided to take a couple of videos of it happening at different speeds in clear weather to show service that it's not "fixed". I also happened to be at the MotoGP race where, by chance, Bosch was there with their version of the system for Ducati. Had a nice chat with one of their engineers and he said that while he's only on the 2-wheel side, what I was describing was definitely wrong.
Went back to service last week and between the info that I had and apparently a new TSB, they did a software update and replaced the sensor.
So far-so good.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Have had my 2018 Murano SL for less than a year and I'm on my 3rd 'radar sensor.' Unlike what Ramness mentioned, all of my sensors had/have the same part number, the ...'A'

·
Registered
4 Posts
2016 Nissan Murano Platinum

I own a 2016 Platinum Nissan Murano
I have sporadically gotten the Front Radar obstruction error since about a year after I bought the car
About 3 months ago it started to happen more often
Now it happens 5-6 times a week
I took it into my Nissan dealer a few weeks ago
They tried to say it was my fault and from a nick in the bumper near the area the claimed it was damaged and I would have to pay over $2000 for the repairs. I told them I didn’t have any accidents and the issues has been happening since I bought the car
The nick was probably due to a pebble or something on the road and has nothing to due with the camera
It looks like there is a class action lawsuit files because if this
Just google “carcomplaints nissan front radar obstruction”
“courthousenews Nissan front radar obstruction”
Sorry this post wouldn’t let me post links
There are attorneys emails on the court filing. I emailed them to see how to get involved in the lawsuit. This is clearly an issue Nissan keeps denying.

·
Registered
56 Posts
8 months later and mine is acting up again. This time there is a pattern to when it fails. When I change lanes within 1-2 car lengths from another car or another car merges into my lane within that same distance the Front Radar Obstructed message appears. Sometimes it resets in a few seconds, others several minutes later.

Called the dealer. They said the warranty on the $1,405 repair (mistyped 1045 in original post) was only good for 12 months or 12,000 miles. I’ve driven 17,000. She also mentioned there is a new part available for the radar now but they would only install it for free if it was under warranty as it’s not a recall.

·
Registered
725 Posts
....there is a new part available for the radar now but they would only install it for free if it was under warranty as it’s not a recall.
I wonder if this redesigned sensor has a different part number, of if they are just trying some incremental improvements.
If they actually identified the problem and corrected it, that may bode well for those that are getting the new and improved design. Perhaps people can post part number from invoice for others to compare who get the fix going forward?

·
Registered
598 Posts
I wonder if this redesigned sensor has a different part number, of if they are just trying some incremental improvements.
If they actually identified the problem and corrected it, that may bode well for those that are getting the new and improved design. Perhaps people can post part number from invoice for others to compare who get the fix going forward?
Search and your question will be answered. It's already been posted by several posters that Nissan is replacing the sensor with a new part number, which seems to be resolving most of these issues.

Have a good day.

41 - 60 of 77 Posts
About this Discussion
76 Replies
45 Participants
Ron Vanderzwaag
Nissan Murano Forum
We’re a community dedicated to Nissan Murano owners and enthusiasts. Discuss specs, safety rating, towing capacity and more!
Full Forum Listing