Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like the sway bar bushings are squeaking when driving over speed bumps or dips. I've had that problem on other vehicles before when it was cold but it's around the freezing mark now around here. Dealer will check this Friday during my first oil change. Never had this on my 2014...The saga continues:(

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Went for a road test with the tech to confirm noise; he put the vehicle on the hoist and removed the vertical links and manually moved the sway bar back & forth which was squeaking (I'm not crazy!). He replaced the sway bar bushings (I was sure they had to order them) and applied lubricant as an extra measure. They told me the p/n is not the same as the original so perhaps it's a known issue at Nissan; this problem will hopefully not happen again and that's probably why they had the bushings in stock! Everything is fine for now.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Squeaking again... This vehicle is spooked :devilish:

·
Super Moderator
7,793 Posts
Back in prehysterical times (1970's) we kept a spray bottle of water and dishwashing liquid around the service station. When someone came in with a suspension squeak, we'd give it a generous few spritzes and many times the squeak was solved, especially if it involved rubber bushings. If you want to try it, I'm guessing that 1/3 liquid soap to 2/3 water might do it.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Pilgrim but it's winter here and I don't have access to a garage... I've had that problem on other vehicles before and rubber compatible lubricant works; I'm still covered by warranty so I'll let the dealer fix it!

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The rear sway bar bushings are also squeaking. I went for a road test with the tech and they will order new bushings for both front & rear and apply proper lubricant.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts