Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I've recently noticed that when my front windows are down 1" or so, the they rattle when I hit bumps. I can shake the window from the inside so I can see why they rattle..

Now when the windows are opened more, they don't rattle, and the window feels solidly in place.

Anyone else notice this? or do I have defective windows???

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
I don't know if it was the TSB but my passender front window rattled only when rolling up and you could push them down about 2-3" by hand. Turns out it was an over tightned bolt on the motor (window regulator) in the door.

Dealer covered it under warranty.

I guess the robot got confused.... window reguuulaaator bolt..... steeeeeerring rack bolt. Hmm, I wonder what each are in binary?

+1 PT Dealer
-50 PT Owner :29:

·
Registered
629 Posts
Gonzo said:
I don't know if it was the TSB but my passender front window rattled only when rolling up and you could push them down about 2-3" by hand. Turns out it was an over tightned bolt on the motor (window regulator) in the door.

Dealer covered it under warranty.

I guess the robot got confused.... window reguuulaaator bolt..... steeeeeerring rack bolt. Hmm, I wonder what each are in binary?

+1 PT Dealer
-50 PT Owner :29:
Both of my front windows suffer from that problem. Dealer ordered two new window regulators and they showed up yesterday, now I just have to go down and get them installed.

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
samwlee,
Have you fix your front window rattle yet?. I too have the same problem as yours--window rattles at the front end of the window by the sideveiw mirrors when window is 1" down. you can even move it a by hand and see where its hitting the sides of the track. I have had the dealer replaced the weather strip with no fix. Been trying to have them changed the window regulator but the manager is researching it still and waiting for nissan to call him. This rattle is definitely not the plastic panel hitting the metal part of the door by the pillar--which is at the rear end of the front window/door by the pillar.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Sounds like what I had. Why is the dealer calling Nissan? Did they even open the door and look inside? It should be pretty obvious. What is whith these dealers?!?!?!?!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No I haven't resolved it. I've left it as is, and have the windows lower so it won't rattle. I think it's a motor issue, where it's not locking or holding the window in place.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts