Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning to tint the front windows soon and I'm looking for some recommendations. When i was a teen I got the cheapest film available and it turned purple within a few years. I'm planning to go high quality since I dont want that to happen again.

What type and brand of window film do you guys recommend? I want to get film that will not fade, is 35% or lighter, and resembles the stock tint in the rear (I know it wont be as dark- I just mean I dont want it to be reflective or tinted with a color, etc).

This is a stretch since I haven't seen much recent life in this local chapter, but can anyone recommend a trusted shop in the DC area? Thanks.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
I think Phatty is talking about the front side windows and not the windshield.

Here are the laws
FRONT SIDES REAR SIDES BACK WINDOW VISOR
DC 70% 50% 50%
VA 50% 35% 35% AS1
MD 35% 35% 35% 5"

These are the amounts of light allowed in.
So DC is the most restrictive.
The numbers on the film are also the amount of light llowed in.
But remember, the sides are already tinted and the law means the total.

I like Fomula One's Pinnacle.

Lifetime warranty against color change.

Homer

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Front SIDE Window Tint

hfelknor said:
I think Phatty is talking about the front side windows and not the windshield.

I like Fomula One's Pinnacle.

Lifetime warranty against color change.

Homer
Ekaxel, I'm obviously talking about the front side windows.

Thanks Homer. I am actually just across the river from DC so I wont be too far over the VA limit anyway. Do you have Pinnacle on your MO?

·
Registered
73 Posts
I went with a Limo Tint all the way around except the front windshield. Never had a problem with the law yet also did a limo tint on my truck before the MO and never had a problem either.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I had the front side windows tinted to match the factory back side window tint on my previous SUV.
The vehicle was black and it looked great.
BUT, at night seeing out of the side windows was hard, especially when trying to see what was around a curve.
I won't do it to my Mo.

Give it some thought.

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
Lionelski said:
I had the front side windows tinted to match the factory back side window tint on my previous SUV.
The vehicle was black and it looked great.
BUT, at night seeing out of the side windows was hard, especially when trying to see what was around a curve.
I won't do it to my Mo.
WOW!! :eek: A rational-thinking individual who values safety over looks. That is a rare quality these days whenever window tinting is discussed. Usually I see a safety-be-damned approach by people who claim their eyesight is not adversely affected by the limo-tint all around.:rolleyes:

-njjoe

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
"Thanks Homer. I am actually just across the river from DC so I wont be too far over the VA limit anyway. Do you have Pinnacle on your MO?"

No. The front sides on my MO have about an 80% factory tint IMO.

I did put 35% Pinnacle on my Cadillac all the way around.
The Pinnacle, while expensive, is ceramic and will not interfere with interior antennas as metallic tints do.

Homer

Attachments

·
MO'ing since 5/16/07
341 Posts
I have 30% on mine - not quite as dark as the factory tint. See pics in my gallery.

·
Registered
3 Posts
We had the fronts done to match the rears, 65.00 done in Prince Federick, MD. I had mine done on the Mada and the wife liked it(cooler driving and it looks like it suppose to be that way).

·
Registered
492 Posts
The shop that has done all 3 of our vehicles uses Llumar and it appears to be a good product. The Daughter's '03 Camry was done about 4 years ago. Lifetime warranty (though I suspect that is fairly standard). For the Murano I got 30% on the front side windows and 50% on the rear sides (didn't really want to darken those, but did want the UV protection). It cost $200 total.

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
...For the Murano I got 30% on the front side windows and 50% on the rear sides (didn't really want to darken those, but did want the UV protection)...
You can have 100% UV protection without any tint. Your tint shop has clear (or almost clear) films that do that.

·
Registered
492 Posts
You can have 100% UV protection without any tint. Your tint shop has clear (or almost clear) films that do that.
Yah, this shop didn't have any of that in stock and the 50% didn't significantly darken the back windows. He had some squares of tint material that we could stick to the inside of the window to get an idea of how it would look. Could have ordered the other, but decided to go with what he had.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts