Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 fully loaded MO and somtimes the front windows roll down by them selves, it's when I'm not in it or over night. The dealer has replaced the switch mechanism, but it's still doing it. I have watched the amount of humidity that is in the air to see if maybe it has a short somewhere, but one day it was sunny and 60% and another was at night and 83%. So whats up? Im getting a little ticked off. For $40,000 it should have better quality parts !!!!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
This may seem obvious, but is it possible the unlock button on your fob is accidentally being pressed and held for a few seconds while in your pocket? Just a thought.

·
Registered
982 Posts
gadgetfreak said:
This may seem obvious, but is it possible the unlock button on your fob is accidentally being pressed and held for a few seconds while in your pocket? Just a thought.
That is exactly what I was thinking. I've hit plenty of times while in my pocket and do things like lock the doors.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I was going to suggest the same, I've actually done it but happened to be close enough to realize it was me.

Love the remote but it does have buttons that are big and easy to be depressed accidentally, mine tends to be pressed by the key-fob from our other car while in my pocket at times.

·
Registered
204 Posts
:D you got it

....we must have been posting that at the same time.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
The key is............ are BOTH windows down?
If they are, then it is likely the operator who malfunctioned. ;)
The fob is a well known issue.

The switch mechanism is not a likely culprit unless only one window was down.

Homer

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
additional info about front windows

To make a point about the key fob, when this action of BOTH front windows rolling COMPLETELY down , the key fob is never in my pocket or in my hand. This ALWAYS takes place on its own.

·
Registered
204 Posts
That would lead one to think either one of your transmitters is faulty (sending unintended signals out) or it's radio wave reciever is faulty.

....Another possibility? It's documented that our TX sends out a constant radio frequency talking to our MOs, is it possible there is some sort of transmission of similar frequency close enough to his car that it could be causing false signals?

(I mention that because I have a remote controlled ceiling fan in my living room that operates by radio frequency and regularly turns it'self on w/o provocation)

Just a thought.....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Similar issue.

Hi. I recently posted about a similar problem here . If anyone has a solution or even a kernel of info that could lead to one that would be fantastic...

·
Registered
276 Posts
Mine was doing the very same thing!!! :eek:

I would park in the car port, then go in the house. A couple of hours later look outside and the windows were either half down or all the way down. What gives.

THEN IT DAWNED ON ME!!!:4: Hubby had the keys in his pocket. Every time he sat down at the computer in the living room, the keyfob got pressed and it would "unlock" the car and roll the windows down. After this happened 4 times, I told him to stop carrying his set of keys to MY car.

Solution: He started carrying a "manpurse" with his keys in it. The problem has not been repeated since.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
Cell phones and intellegent key fobs!

Nissan has issued a recall on the keyfobs on Altimas noting that if a cell phone and that type keyfob are within 1 inch of each other it messes up the codeing in the keyfob so that it no longer works correctly.

I wonder fi something akin to this is causing all these windows problems.

It may be different don't know, just info.

Subject: 2007 Altima Sedan Intelligent Key – Vehicle Production – Attention: Dealer Principal, Sales, Service and Parts Managers
***** Vehicle Production *****
Nissan is making a running change to vehicles built after May 23, 2007 to include an improved Intelligent Key (I-Key) for use on the 2007 Nissan Altima Sedan. The improved
I-Key will reduce the potential for certain cell phones to alter the electronic code contained in the I-Key if the cell phone comes in close proximity to the I-key during a call.
• Customers purchasing vehicles manufactured prior to May 23, 2007 should receive the previously supplied pre-sale notification concerning this issue.
• Customers purchasing vehicles manufactured after May 23, 2007 need not receive the previously supplied pre-sale notification concerning this issue.

If you have any additional questions related to this campaign, please contact your Dealer Parts and Service Manager (DPSM).
Nissan Parts & Service Operations
05/31/2007

1 - 14 of 14 Posts