Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I'm cleaning the front window.... would like to lift up the wipers and have them stay up on their own..... unfuntately when trying to move them up (even a little bit) they hit the hood... ouch. :eek:

Any suggestions or workaround for this little engineering over sight? I don't want to scratch the paint on the hood don't cha know.

·
Registered
834 Posts
How about turing the wipers on, and when they are half way up turn the key off so they stay in that position?

·
Registered
834 Posts
Gonzo said:
Not so good with a dry windschield.... but thanks for the suggestion.
Agree... but take a look at your owners manual page 8-18 What I describe is exactly what they (Nissan) wants you to do.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea I noticed how sad to subject the MO that kind of behavior. Besides doesn't help me much as I want to clean the window... wipers are in the way. Their suggestion is for replacing the wiper blade.

·
Registered
834 Posts
I'm waiting till the winter months when you have to scrap ice off the windshield. It would help if you could lift the wipers.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
For me, what makes this odd is that one you can lift off and the other you can't. Some cars have both wipers recessed under the hood and some have both exposed. But this is the first I've seen where you can lift off one and the other you can't. Of course, I haven't seen many cars relatively speaking. Somebody will probably post that the 1997 and 1/2 xyz had this too...:D

But all in all, it's just a nuisance. I still :10: my MO!

·
Registered
834 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Thanks!

That's the best thing about this board, sharing ideas.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Keep wiper arm from scratching hood

I put some 3M ScotchCal tape on the edge of my hood to keep the wiper arms from scratching the hood. A couple of pieces about 3 x 2 inches was all that was required.

Simply rolled it around the edge. Hard to see but here's a picture anyway.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
I too found that it was sad not to be able to lift the wipers off the windshield even when you stop them in the middle of their course with the key off. On the other hand, my main complain about several cars with that feature was that the wipers did not adhere to the windshield enough while driving in the rain to clear all of the water, especially above 100 Km/h. What a joy did I experience yesterday while driving under heavy rain for 500 Km with peak speeds up to 140 Km/h with a constantly clear windshield. Maybe the mechanism necessary to lift the wipers off the windshield does not allow a design with a sufficient force to keep them thightly on the windshield at speed?

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Don't know.
Some things stick, some things don't.

What more can I say.
Never tried it.
So somebody needs to find out and post here.:)

Homer

1 - 16 of 16 Posts