Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm selling both of these items and going back to the stock airbox with Nissan filters. Both are in good, slightly used, condition.

I'll sell each for 25% of new cost ($20 for the K&N, $50 for the JWT).

I don't believe the K&N affects airflow a noticeable amount and it's easier for me to have the dealer change the filter than to clean the K&N.

As far as the pop charger goes, I don't feel the pop charger is filtering well enough. The oil is paramount to the filtering capabilities, and I've noticed mine gets washed off quickly by rain and automatic car washes. I don't want to run the engine without filtering, and I can't be adding oil to the filter constantly (not to mention it's probably being washed onto the MAF).

I would recommend the pop charger to someone who tries to drive their Murano only in nice weather.

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The JWT sale is on hold, pending more research. The K&N is still up for sale.

·
5,268 Posts
Interesting conclusion. I went back to OEM air filter (from K&N) a few weeks ago. I did not notice any performance difference. It really is easy to maintain the oEM filter. And is not expensive either.....

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There is still the garbage reduction reason for using the K&N though. :D

·
5,268 Posts
Tyler_Canada said:
There is still the garbage reduction reason for using the K&N though. :D
I am "green", always have been, but.......;)

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No, shipping is extra. I still have the box I think, so it'll come in that. I don't imagine shipping would be much. Someone has just indicated interest, but I'm not sure yet.

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
K&N is sold, pop charger is no longer for sale.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts