Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Mo is at 79000 Km and it started to sound like a diesel engine when it was idling. It turned out that my fuel system dampeners had failed. I am wondering if anyone else had this problem and the cost to replace them, mine cost $660 parts and labor

·
Registered
3,257 Posts

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Stoker-

I recall reading about a few other forum members who have had the dampers replaced. It's not a common problem, but it is not unheard of to have dampers fail (all fuel injected cars have dampers).

Most likely one of your MO's fuel dampers failed, and the mechanic replaced both. Some might say that if one failed the other other also needed replacement. Who knows?

World Parts Express sells the dampers for $66 (front) and $86 (rear). The rear one costs more because it has a fuel line crimped on. If World Parts Express is charging $152 for the set, your dealer probably charged you $250. The rest is labor.

-njjoe

Attachments

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys for your replies, you are probably right that I got screwed as the parts were $220 each and the rest was labor. Unfortunately I was jammed for time and it needed to get done. Hopefully it will not happen again, but if it does the diagram Njjoe will be a big help in doing it myself:2: :2:

·
Registered
29 Posts
The fuel dampers were replaced on my 2003 MO as well. Bought it used from the dealer with exactly 30K miles and one month after 3-year period ended. They did it at no charge 2 weeks after I closed the deal (probably wanted to show me how great their service department is - it worked).

Stoker, sorry you had to pay so much - that does seem pretty steep for this kind of fix.

JDB

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Stoker said:
Thanks guys for your replies, you are probably right that I got screwed as the parts were $220 each and the rest was labor. Unfortunately I was jammed for time and it needed to get done. Hopefully it will not happen again, but if it does the diagram Njjoe will be a big help in doing it myself:2: :2:
Nissan charged you $220 each for fuel dampers!! That is ridiculous. They have no shame.

Let see... if you did the job yourself it would have cost you $152 in parts. The Nissan dealer charges you 189% more for the same parts!!! Talk about a mark-up!!

NISSAN Service _ SHIFTy

-njjoe

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hi all.. I been having a issue with my MO, pretty much when I first start the car in the morning or after a few hours of the car turned off. Only happens the first time I start the car, If I turned off and start it again no issue..

The issue is: The engine sounds like a diesel and the rpms in the tach vibrates, it's a loud sound just for a second or so, after that the engine is smooth and no issue at all... normal acceleration, etc

Can this be related with the fuel dampers? or anything else?

Please help me.. this is driving me crazy...

Thanks...

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
That sounds like a dry start (no oil lubrication during startup). Check your engine oil level. Do you also have OEM oil filter installed? The OEM filters have a valve that keeps some of the oil in the system to help prevent dry starts.

·
Registered
109 Posts
zebelkhan said:
That sounds like a dry start (no oil lubrication during startup). Check your engine oil level. Do you also have OEM oil filter installed? The OEM filters have a valve that keeps some of the oil in the system to help prevent dry starts.
Actually, the oil level is ok and I do have the OEM filter...

What this can be???

·
Registered
109 Posts
gonzalo_edo said:
Hi all.. I been having a issue with my MO, pretty much when I first start the car in the morning or after a few hours of the car turned off. Only happens the first time I start the car, If I turned off and start it again no issue..

The issue is: The engine sounds like a diesel and the rpms in the tach vibrates, it's a loud sound just for a second or so, after that the engine is smooth and no issue at all... normal acceleration, etc

Can this be related with the fuel dampers? or anything else?

Please help me.. this is driving me crazy...

Thanks...
Any thoughts? This is scaring me because I'm afraid to damage the engine...

Please help me here...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts