Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of the Canadian owners know if the mileage stated on the fuel economy readout is in US miles per gallon or Imperial miles per gallon?

·
4,601 Posts
U.S. I expect as there's no point in doing it in Imperial. It wouldn't meet any needs and would mean a different firmware package for US vs. Canadian models.

In short it would cost Nissan more money to implement and not acheive anything.

·
Registered
842 Posts
It just reads out in miles per US gallons or Lts/100 KM. I use the metric version as it is easier to figure out your fuel economy with a base 10 math formula than old imperial method. Remember the lower the Lts/100 Km the better the fuel economy.

The best fuel economy I hace receviced has been 9.0 Lts/100 KM on the highway.

·
Registered
357 Posts
..........and to convert L/100km to Imperial MPG divide the L/100km figure into 282.48 (formula courtesy of Natural Resources Canada).

So your 9.0 lts/100km works out at 31.386 mpg (imperial), which compares very favourably to the projected Canadian Hwy EnerGuide mileage of 32.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
0.8327 times Imperial to equal US of 22.22 mpg

·
Registered
842 Posts
As I said above that is why I use the metric system as it is easier to use with a lot less confusion built in it.

It also would not matter whether it is in Imperial gallons or US gallons it would be the same measurement.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
Guess it depends on what you are used to. Makes the world go around. Winston Churchill is reported to have once said in responding to a statement made to him of: "It take all kind of people to make the world go around" he said "No, their are just all kinds of people" :)

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It wouldn't meet any needs and would mean a different firmware package for US vs. Canadian models.
Well, I think my Canadian spec Mo already has numerous and significant differences from US models, it seems a very small thing to program the thing to read Imperial gallons.
But maybe it is just me.

·
Registered
85 Posts
i love this place. i was just going to ask this question but like a good forum user, i chose to search 1st and there was the info i needed!
:6:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts