Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found an interesting article on fuel economy.

Below are some tables some of you might find interesting.

Attachments

·
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
one more pic.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Wow, where did you find that second picture from?

·
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sorry,

I should have provided the link. Here it is: fuel economy

·
Registered
126 Posts
Good stuff. Hopefully some of the owners experiencing low mileage can find some things to optimize here.

Also, 10% loss for drivetrain is fairly typical for MANUAL transmissions, in top gear. You can add 5% more for an automatic, and a few percent on top of that for AWD.

Us auto-tranny AWD performance-vehicle owners (not the MO) are painfully aware of driveline losses, with lots of dyno data for reference.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
turbodog said:
Good stuff. Hopefully some of the owners experiencing low mileage can find some things to optimize here.

Also, 10% loss for drivetrain is fairly typical for MANUAL transmissions, in top gear. You can add 5% more for an automatic, and a few percent on top of that for AWD.

Us auto-tranny AWD performance-vehicle owners (not the MO) are painfully aware of driveline losses, with lots of dyno data for reference.

I bet the CVT is somewhere in between a manual and conventional automatic in terms of efficiency.

·
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I remember reading that CVT is less efficient than manual or automatic. The difference is more than made up due to engine running at optimum revs and torque converter locking up at low RPM.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Kris said:
I remember reading that CVT is less efficient than manual or automatic. The difference is more than made up due to engine running at optimum revs and torque converter locking up at low RPM.
I always thought the selling point of the CVT design was the efficiency of a manual, with the convenience of an automatic.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts