Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, it has happened again. I would like to know what Junior College Engineer decided that a $30k Murano needed a 2 cent mechanisn to open the fuel filler door. I have now run out of fuel twice due to an inability to access the filler. This has got to be the biggest POS that I have encountered thus far on my MO. I love the car but this is absolutely rediculous. I was finally able to open it and I proceeded to rip the sylinoid out of the vehicle and throw it as far as possible. Is this something that Nissan finds acceptable for its customers ( especially the one's buying the top of the line vehicles )? I find this to be insulting to all MO owners. I tried to find somewhere on NissanUSA to comment on this but was unable to do so. I any of you mods know how to do this, please do so. They need to know that this is a tremendous shortcoming on their behalf. Okay, I suppose that I am through venting now and I appreciate your lending an ear. As I stated before, other than that I really love my MO but if I can't put fuel in it then it really doesn't do me any good at all. Is this a common problem among others of you out there? :3:

·
Registered
263 Posts
Still POS~

NZM

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
I was under the impression that asside from a bad solenoid the latch the solenoid hits can be bent during fillings and that is more of the culprit than anything else.

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
Me 2 Gonzo

I only ever heard of the hatch unlock solenoid corroding.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
I have had this issue, where unlocking my doors would not unlock the fuel filler door. Took it the dealer and they "repaired" it - although oddly I did not get a service invoice, so I cannot tell whether they replaced the solenoid. In either case, its worked perfectly since the dealer visit (whereas before, the fuel door unlocked perhaps 50% of the time all the doors unlocked).

A funny thing is that Courtesy Nissan (courtesyparts.com) tends to sell parts for Nissans that are prone to failure - I use it as sort of an early warning system - if you check their site, the alternator and fuel door solenoid are listed.

·
Registered
438 Posts
This was one of the first problems I had with the car. I simply bent the tab back on the door so basically it doesn't lock any more and I'm all set.

The MO is inside an attended garage at work, and in a garage at home. I put the risk of someone giving the filler door a push to see if they can siphon off my gas (or pour some badness into my tank) at "very low." So far, I've been right.

But, the solenoid is not well designed. A simple mechanical device would have been fine (cough cough... Honda).

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Was not an isue for me on the 03 or the 06 MO but it is a known issue that can be resolved. Now my 03 Z did have a similar problem with the fuel door not opening. There was an early TSB released on it and the dealer performed the TSB on mine. And just like others that have posted here about their MO having this problem and getting it replaced, my Z fuel door has been fine ever since as well. I would highly recommend having the dealer replace it with the new part.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts