Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally took my car in for the fuel shield recall. While leaving the dealer I noticed the exhaust was louder than before. I've done a quick check - all looks ok. My thought is the shield is amplifying the exhaust - definately noticable - actually quite annoying. I'm going back to the dealer to have them check it out more carefully. Just curious if others have had the same experience.

Rich Z

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
would this happen to resonate right at the 2k rpm range?

I noticed mine was a lot more noticeable after mine were done. I was there to get a noise fixed that was apparent at 2300, so I was used to skipping this range.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Come on guys. Get real. There is no way the fuel shield can affect the exhaust note.

I am sure that when the team of distinguished senior Nissan designers were developing that sleek fuel shield they consulted their sound engineers. And I am also confident that those same quality-minded professionals took a fuel shield equipped MO into a anechoic chamber to ensure the shield did not adversely affect the drivers environment.

You don't really think the quality-minded Nissan corporation would manufacture a supplemental fuel shield that did not blend seamlessly into the MO, without any visual or audible impact? Get real.

-njjoe :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
hehehe

well, I think they gone an dunnit.
I'll have to yank mine off and see if it gets rid of a drone at 2k rpm.

:2:

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
I really don't understand how it could affect the exhaust note.......

Homer

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
neither do I Homer.

and it isn't the exhaust note....it is a drone, like a harmonic of the exhaust or something.

never the less, I am hearing a drone at 2k I never had before them.

Maybe what they fixed on the heat shield?
beats me
:confused:

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
I noticed that the outside bolts for them...they just dropped them over the nut instead of fastening them with the nut.

Anyone else have this?

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
On most modern cars with stock exhaust it is tough to even hear the exhaust. Most of the engine related noise we hear is actually intake noise.

I'm having those recalls done in a few weeks so I'll listen carefully for any change in exhaust noise.

·
Read Only
554 Posts
I had the recalls (seat belt and fuel shield) done last week. Absolutely no change in exhaust note that I can hear (and I am super anal about my cars!). I will admit the plastic shield is butt ugly, but since I don't look underneath the car that much, I'm not going to sweat it.

Oh, and the dealer finally heard the "tick" noise in my passenger side B-pillar. Turns out its in the header area. He's pulled down the header twice and is now waiting for new parts. Keep your fingers crossed for me!!

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
Uhhh, did they bolt down the outsides of the shields or merely place them on top of the bolt as the did mine?

I have a feeling that I am driving a bit more conservative (i.e. floating around 1950-2050 rpm) now that my heat shield noise has been fixed. Maybe what I am hearing was there all along.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Yap bizarre~
Am I hearing things...?
I got one here too.

NZM

1 - 13 of 13 Posts