Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The manual states the murano has a capacity of 21 5/8 gallons but whenever I drive my car all the way to empty, Im only able to put about 16 gallons in the car. Is this normal?

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
jaystizo-

All cars have a fuel reserve, some more generous than others.

When my DTE reads *.*, I have approximately 2-1/2 gallons remaining in the tank.

-njjoe

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Resesve or not, 16 gallons certainly isn't right. Mine takes 16 gallons when the gauge reads 1/4.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
jaystizo said:
I just refilled my gas again today when the DTE showed **** and I put 17.5 gallons in it.
Hmmm... A 4-gallon reserve, that's a bit much. I'd mention it to the dealer and have them correct it.

I took a look at the service manual and could not find any mention of how to adjust the fuel level sensors (the MO has two) without removing them from the tank. They can do this through access panels under the rear seat so they do not have to drop the tank.

-njjoe

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
I don't put too much faith in the DTE reading. How much do you fill up when the gas light just comes on? For me, it comes on when I have about 3 gallons remaining.

·
Registered
842 Posts
I agree with Eric, my light does not come on till I have between 7-10 lts left. But that is according to my wife who I am convinced does not look at the fuel gauge till the low gas level light comes on.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
One thing I noticed was while I was driving on the freeway, the DTE said 15 miles but then it quickly went to ***. I think my fuel light came on when the DTE said 40 miles left.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
jaystizo said:
I just refilled my gas again today when the DTE showed **** and I put 17.5 gallons in it.
DTE will vary on many factors.... car speed, current MPG etc. You can't rely on it.. perhaps the best thing would be the low fuel warning light on the dash. you will probably have ~3 gallons remaining when the lights up regardless of other outside factors...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts